Supercar Saturday, Castle Combe, 28 October 2017

luckesGTV6

Hi Guys,

I've just heard that we have been allocated our display area in the paddock, in the same prime location as last year. ;) ;)
Nice and close to the Strawford Centre, the car assembly area, the foodery and not too distant from the loos!

Same arrangements as last year i.e. pay the organisers direct on arrival at the kiosk in the Strawford Centre.
Should be between five and ten quid per car with occupants, entirely dependent on whether we have any gazebos!

I'll post price and tickets online when available.

If anyone has plans to offer ontrack passenger rides in their car I can pass details to the organisers but final acceptance is dependent on them having a chat direct with you.
Acceptance has been very last minute in the past!

Only about a month to go now to one of the last track based events in 2017.

luckesGTV6

Hi Guys,

Good news is that I’ve received 2 verbal s from members wanting to take part in our display.

Said I’d post the latest squawk from the organisers etc. which follows:-

Here is the ‘cut & paste‘

“The gates open to the public at 9am so ideally you need to be set up by 8.45am as we would like to stop as much traffic in the paddock at that point. However, we do understand that sometimes people might be late or might have to leave early. This is fine but please make sure you drive slowly towards in the paddock as there will be lots of people about on site.

For any of you who were wanting to offer passenger rides, I apologise if you have not heard from our volunteer Richard yet, I am busy chasing him and hope to get a response to you asap.

During the day the Tavern will be open and we hope to have a coffee van and burger van also.

Bristol Motor Club will be doing an autosolo for anyone interested in getting involved. ”

If anyone is interested in giving passenger rides on the circuit obviously now is the time to email
amy.spencer@stroke.org.uk for the reason above.

MrMickS

I may have to cry off this. We've got some delays to the schedule at work, issues in Germany, that are creating a knock on effect for the stuff I'm supposed to be doing and delayed everything. I could be that I need to work on the Friday before and that makes getting down a little difficult. I'll know by the end of the week.

Ebenezer

I can't now go - really gutted.
Eb

Removed myself from no. 6

4. Alfa Muppet
5. SteveM - 3200
7. Panicracing
8. Phil H
9. Rockits
10. Contigo ........ ?
11. MarkMas
12. FernandoIsFasterThanYou
13. Liznnik? …… AKA Lisknik?
14. MrMickS - Ghibli
15. MrMickS -Alfa Spider
16. luckesgtv6 – Alfa GTV6

Ebenezer

Would have been happy to hover in the background egging you on as you f'd and blinded....! (and prayed for good weather!)

On the Spanish trip my passenger side wiper blade started to wiggle out. Luckily my brother, who is much handier than me, managed to use a key and his teeth to get in back into place and stay. Not what I expect from OEM wiper blades though... (or perhaps what else should I have expected...?)
Eb

MarkMas

Chief pedant
I'm hoping that kindly Mr MarkMas and kindly Mr Lisknik will be willing to bring their gazebos along to the event and any flags, banners and similar tasteful Italian related placards or fluttery stuff will be welcomed from anyone to enhance our display.

I'll bring gazebo, flag & flagpole.

Ebenezer

"We" are visiting my daughter at Uni. Unfortunately this one's not open for negotiation. Have to pick my battles...! To be fair I got to go to Spain so can't complain:)
Eb

Alfa Muppet

Looking forward to Saturday. Will aim to get there early.

Do we need to print a pass, like in previous years?

MarkMas

Chief pedant
So is the final squad 10 of us?

1. vacant
2. vacant
3. vacant
4. Alfa Muppet
5. SteveM (3200)
6. (not Eb)
7. Panicracing
8. Phil H
9. Rockits
10. Contigo (?)
11. MarkMas (QPV)
12. FernandoIsFasterThanYou
13. Lisknik
14. (not MMS)
15. (also not MMS)
16. luckesgtv6 (Alfa GTV6)

luckesGTV6

Thanks for confirming guys, it helps a lot.

The Latest Display list:-

4. Entry confirmed - Fiat124 Spider
5. Kazzer
6. Alfa Muppet
7. SteveM - 3200
8. Panicracing
9. Phil H
10. Rockits
11. Contigo
12. MarkMas
13. FernandoIsFasterThanYou
14. Liznnik? …… AKA Lisknik?
15. luckesgtv6 – Alfa GTV6

Guys, there's still the top 3 (podium?) places left if you know of anyone who is interested in displaying their Italian bolide.
The GTV ought be parked elsewhere so there's actually 4 places free.

L@@k at the weather forecast! Why would you not attend ?
I was driven indoors by the blazing sun yesterday when prepping the car! ;)

Weather Forecast (BBC) for the day
Sunrise 07:54 Sunset 17:50 Light Cloud
· Most Likely High 14°C
· High Between 11°C/18°C
· Humidity 80%
· Visibility Very Good
· Pressure (Millibars) 1025
· Wind Direction WNW
· Wind Speed (mph) Wind Speed 12

If your preference is to browse data in metric units this is from another source:

Mostly cloudy
· Winds from the WNW 17 km/h
· Gusts: 26 km/h
· Max UV Index: 2 (Low)
· Thunderstorms: 0%
· Precipitation: 0 mm
· Rain: 0 mm
· Snow: 0 CM
· Ice: 0 mm
· Hours of Precipitation: 0 hrs
· Hours of Rain: 0 hrs

Latest info. from the organisers
As the gates to the main public open at 9am please make sure as much as possible you are all set up by then.
As I believe that we will have just the one Gazebo (2 car spaces charge) we will need to be paying a minimum contribution of £6 per car to Jen if everyone turns up.

Please note this year the registration for car rides will be in the top of the Strawford Centre.

This year as well as the usual passenger rides and Bristol Motor Club Autosolo. We also have hopefully the local Fire Brigade coming along and also something for younger children – Top Steer Challenge – battery powered cars they can sit in and ride and also radio control cars.

The weather's lookin' ideal for photography and strolling round chatting in the paddock, viewing the Autoslalom and the cars on the circuit from the many vantage points around the track.
The professional photographers seem to favour 'Old Paddock Bend' as a good spot for zoom lens pictures. There's also good opportunities at Quarry and Tower corners for stills and video as well, as you are probably aware.

I'll bring gazebo, flag & flagpole.

Thanks for offering the Gazebo etc. Very much appreciated!
By the way I hope you guys didn't bang your heads on the hazardous looking pointy orange arrow thingy when you stood up from under the Maser bonnet!

Definitely won't be able to make it. Sorry, but it'll have to be next year.

Seems the Germans are playing true to their form in disruptive behaviour MrMickS.
I worked at a minor Messerschmidt-Bolkow-Blohm sub-contractor (BAe) yonks ago and our dear European ‘team players' caused absolute havoc in the space shuttle pannier project by randomly sending over inaccurate data and insisting not only that we produced drawings from it until they released revisions weeks later but also “you vill of course achieve ze KompletionnTargettenFixedd (Feste Abschluss Ziel?) – for you, Englanders, zis is nicht verhandelbar.â€

Sorry you, and the many others from our forum can't make it buddy!

^
Organisers promised another update manana, mainly the track cars listing for those adventurous amongst us and I'll post it when it's to hand.

List of other car clubs the organisers have advised as attending:-

G2 – G7 Sports Italia

G8 – G11 – MG Owners Club

G12 – G13 – Colerne Car Club

G14 – G19 – Mendip Morgan

F8 – F9 – Old Farts Racing Club

F10 – F13 Bath & Bristol Scoobys

F14 – F16 MG ZT V8 OTC

C37 – C46 – Ford Social UK

F7 – F1 – Bristol Motor Club

I've also notified Club Lotus HQ via the organiser of the Avon branch (who will be attending) and I'm expecting some of their guys to turn up.

Herewith your Paddock pass Guys. I'm afraid it's a 'print it yourself jobbie again'

CC2017.jpg