Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Supercar Saturday, Castle Combe, 28 October 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Andyk View Post
    There are a lot of non super cars there for a Supercar Sunday.....Maybe needs a name change to performance car/Supercar Sunday. Looks like a great day.
    I did it one year a long time ago in my Celica GT4 ST185 Rally car as there were too many Maserati going to do it and they asked if I could bring something else and it was before I had a Ferrari on the fleet.
    I remember the day well as took Andrea for a spin and had a Major spin meeting Matt coming towards us in his first GS full chat.
    Technician for Wanganui Motors Ford and Mazda.
    Technician for Fredco Automasters Auckland.
    Technician for Auckland Maserati and Lotus in New Zealand March 2015 to July 2016.
    On my second 4200 cambio corsa brought over to NZ.
    Current fleet:
    Maserati 4200 cambio corsa MY 2004.
    Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT 3.2 Auto work and plaything.
    1977 Daimler Sovereign XJC 4.2 one of only 2 in New Zealand.
    1976 Mini Clubman 1275 on the road project.
    1994 Mini Cooper on the road for www.porkpie,co.nz
    2010 BMW G450X Enduro Bike for exercise
    1976 Kawasaki Z1000.
    1973 Raleigh Chopper 3 Speed in orange.

Quote Originally Posted by philw696 View Post
    Oops was it Quarry Corner by any chance ?
    Too right Mate!
    Cripes it's unusual for the back end to strike like a Mamba in a bend - on a FWD GTV!!. Fighting the usual battle with power understeer the previous couple of laps
    (excuse the very false Oz accent I cant do Maori)

Many contributing factors (excuses) for the prang but, in my mind, major that they persuaded me out of my request to do the sighting laps before taking a passenger onboard. BAD! The driver should be king IMHO! Anyway if there's any sort of fall out the banter's all captured on my video cam.
    Been racing at 'Combe since the late 50's so I should know my way around the circuit by now - but she's a fickle mistress and two others also went off at Quarry during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyk View Post
    There are a lot of non super cars there for a Supercar Sunday.....Maybe needs a name change to performance car/Supercar Sunday. Looks like a great day.
    Very much in agreement Andy but I guess looking from the Charities point of view they need a profit and like many other 'Supercar' event organisers they hype up the presentation. A bit 'tongue in cheek' in my view but I recollect seeing a Noble, a nice Lambo, a McLaren and 3 Ferraris, one of which was on our display thanks to Mr BJL.

It was a great day and the association with the forum guys made it special, as did the weather.

I too know Combe well and I still managed to write of my Mk1 Golf Gti rally car on that corner after many laps around there.
    I had to reshell her for the second time.
    Joys of Motorsports.
    Technician for Wanganui Motors Ford and Mazda.
    Technician for Fredco Automasters Auckland.
    Technician for Auckland Maserati and Lotus in New Zealand March 2015 to July 2016.
    On my second 4200 cambio corsa brought over to NZ.
    Current fleet:
    Maserati 4200 cambio corsa MY 2004.
    Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT 3.2 Auto work and plaything.
    1977 Daimler Sovereign XJC 4.2 one of only 2 in New Zealand.
    1976 Mini Clubman 1275 on the road project.
    1994 Mini Cooper on the road for www.porkpie,co.nz
    2010 BMW G450X Enduro Bike for exercise
    1976 Kawasaki Z1000.
    1973 Raleigh Chopper 3 Speed in orange.

From the Stroke Association

Dear Car Clubs

Thank you so much for being part of our Supercar Saturday event this weekend. We had our best year yet and raised over £14,500. We appreciate your clubs being there on the day and hope your members had a good day.

Photos from the day will be uploaded onto our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/strokeassociationsw) within the next few days.

Thank you very much for being part of the day.

All the best

Amy

Well that's fantastic and well done to all who made the event a success.
    Peter
    06 Gransport LE - Nero Carbonio & Black
    05 4200 CC face lift - Gerigio Alfieri & Tan - Sold; Now lives in France
    03 4200 CC revised - Sebring Blue & Gray - Sold; Now regularly used as a TV car.

Quote Originally Posted by FernandoIsFasterThanYou View Post
    I had a look at that spider. The black interior looked immaculate so I peaked at the odometer and it only had 7k miless on it. Shane the rear bumper was cracked!
    The interior may pass for a 7K car but unfortunately the paintwork gives it away as the 79K car that it is, it's covered in stone chips. It does get well used though.
    The cracked bumper was a case of me thinking I knew better than the parking sensors!!

79k and your ashtray script is still intact??!!

The only blemish I could spot in there is there he skip forward button on the stereo... was it restored at some point or does everyone who gets into your Spyder have to cut nails back first?

Pat yourselves on the back guys, (tricky) here's an extract from another squawk from the organisers, just arrived.

The bit you’re waiting to know is the amount raised, which has beaten even the record amount raised last year. The total raised on the day for circuit rides and the Bristol Motor Club Autosolo event is £14,506 . With a proportion of the gate money yet to be calculated and added, we can reasonably expect the total raised to be well over £15k. A superb result and close to a practical maximum I suspect.

Hey Mr SPYDERBAGS your car would have looked the part on the forum display. How about next year?

That's a great result!
    164 Q4
    Mercedes C350e Wagon
    Suzuki Van Van 125

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910