Ghibli or not Ghibli.

Steve GS

Does your wife know or care what MPG means? I must be lucky with mine!

My wife knows figures she has spread sheets calculating the ins and outs to the penny. She knows what mpg is so this is hard convincing

bigbob

I prefer and would choose petrol, however, the diesel Ghibli drives well and there are lots to choose from. If you can get a well priced EU6 diesel - the one with the pigs **** tank - then worth a look.

PS Diesel is annual servicing whereas petrol is like the GranTurismo at 2 years, both 12.5k miles. Not sure about belts/chains etc which could be worth looking into as well.

rockits

Sorry you were looking for opinions....forgot! Your asking the wrong man really. I have no diesels myself. Only 5 x petrol V8's, a petrol V6 & a petrol 4 pot. Wife has a diesel

Petrol all the way.

Andyk

Except it's not small. It's as big as the QP V.

The SQ4 it being available is due to them not being bothered to sort out the 4WD system for the few sales they expected in RHD. Everyone would buy the diesel right?

Yes that's it as when I was at the factory they told me the cost to convert to RHD with the small sales expected just wasn't worth it.....

P R

If its going to be your wifes daily driver, how many miles annually will she do in it? If it isn't many and is used on short town runs then I would say petrol.

If she does say 10k a year, ave 25mpg in the petrol or 38mpg in the diesel then the difference is only £700.. worth paying for the petrol.

outrun

It's a no brainer for me, the petrol is the way to go. Just take a look at the retained values currently against the diesel and that should make your mind up alone. Mine average 27mpg and made a great noise on cold start up as well as in the upper rev range on a spirited run. I've nothing at all against the diesel, I just know that the petrol is a wiser choice mathematically.

MarkMas

Chief pedant
....Just take a look at the retained values currently against the diesel ....

I'm told that new sales are 50:50 petrol:diesel, but if you look at the used market it is about 25% petrol, so presumably used company/lease diesels are high turnover and plentiful (so cheap) and private/aficionado petrols are retained and rare (so valuable).

petrol ghibli.jpg

bigbob

Most of the diesels are (or certainly were) poverty spec.

Yep contract hire base spec with no paddles, heated seats, metallic, big wheels, skyhook, electric seats, tints, DAB etc etc. More spec in a Transit.