Newbie to the marque - QP V Sport GTS - holy moly..

IanU

Good evening all,
Bursting with excitement as I have finally taken the step into Maserati ownership. I've been day dreaming for months looking for a QP, I had a slight dilemma when I realised that the Granturismo was in budget too, but decided that was just too obviously mid life crisis for a man of my .... .... middle age!
I've torn and twisted looking at what was available and should I go for the duo select or the later ZF box. There are some gorgeous duo's out there, but genuine advice pushed me towards the later ZF. Then do I want the pre LED face lift or not - the price difference is not to be sniffed at, again there are some gorgeous examples out there, ............................ or do I go 'what the heck' and go for the best my budget will stretch to?
I finally decided on the 'what the heck' route and got this - it took my breath away the moment I saw it, ticked all the right boxes and had the wow! factor.

The sound turns me to jelly, the looks are just beautiful, and it's truly a beautiful car to sit in and just ............. just savour. The GTS Sport I hadn't realised came with the extra holy moly factor - it's awesome.
I've got a stack of questions about some of the 'features' that don't seem to be obvious in the owners manual - I think I may have a couple of electrical issues that need sorting - or there's a hidden menu I haven't found yet.
I'll post them in the QP section below when I'm certain the answer isn't already in there somewhere.
Looking forward to learning a lot more about the car and savouring every second of its looks and driving pleasure.
Cheers
Ian.

Ewan

Fantastic choice - congratulations on your good taste Sir. Enjoy, especially the sound.

IanU

Fantastic choice - congratulations on your good taste Sir. Enjoy, especially the sound.

Thank you Ewan ........... Ohhhh the sound is to die for - I had no idea at all - my life is complete :)

outrun

And what's more, you can make it even better by buying a Larini X-pipe. You won't believe what it does for so little money. There is no sound like a 4.7 with a Larini bit or two attached.

Enjoy every minute!

Andyk

Jus one of Maserati's best cars.....Well done on your purchase.... 4.7 GTS is one of Maserati's best kept secrets....Great car and looks like a stunning example.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
It's a lovely car, I sold it to Henry from whom I gather you'll have bought it. It belonged to a forum member on here prior to me having the car.

IanU

Hook line and sinker safrane :)
So pleased to know that some of you already know the car, thanks MarkMas for the link, that helps a great deal too as I'm building up a file of its history. I've asked Dick Lovett to provide me all the service history they have for it (with personal data info removed).
When I picked it up, I took it to WIM at Chesham for a 4 wheel alignment which was worth the money as it was certainly due a tweak on each corner. I've used them before and strangely enough, they'd had a run on Maserati's that week.
Couple of things to sort - front passenger window seems to be in anti trap mode and n/s rear external door handle seems to have lost the use of the 'soft' release trigger - oh and the key fob boot release, but I've already found a thread on here that deals with that - fantastic.

Thanks for the feedback Team.
Cheers
Ian.

IanU

Bourekoue

My old car which Dicky sold for me and which I absolutely cherished and did a lot of work on changing the chrome surround to the shadowline trim and upgrading the wheels to the multi tridents as well as countless service jobs.

Congratulations on your purchase which I'm sure you will love !

I searched long and hard for the rare combination of Grigio Granito and Sabbia.

Enjoy !!!

IanU

Thanks Bourekoue, I shall cherish it too, you've done a stunning job on it. I'll be treating it to some very special wax and wheel treatments to preserve its beautiful shine...... when it stops raining long enough.

Ebenezer

Congrats! - QP is indeed the gentlemans carriage of choice!. Regarding X pipe. If your's is indeed a GTS it probably already has an unsilenced X pipe so no need to replace.
Eb

IanU

Congrats! - QP is indeed the gentlemans carriage of choice!. Regarding X pipe. If your's is indeed a GTS it probably already has an unsilenced X pipe so no need to replace.
Eb

Thank you Ebenezer - if you're referring to the button on the dash which seems to mysteriously summon the Music Gods from the rear of the car, I think you're right :)

Andyk

My old car which Dicky sold for me and which I absolutely cherished and did a lot of work on changing the chrome surround to the shadowline trim and upgrading the wheels to the multi tridents as well as countless service jobs.

Congratulations on your purchase which I'm sure you will love !

I searched long and hard for the rare combination of Grigio Granito and Sabbia.

Enjoy !!!

Ah yes... I see now....I was an obsolete peach.