Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who has Red AC No 8 now?

It's worth at least twice as much in Australia, especially if you're going to Sydney. A personal import of one car that you've owned for at least a year avoids the usual heavy import duty.
    Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Navcorr View Post
    Morning squire - this is the thread:

http://www.sportsmaserati.com/showth...stralia-advice

Although pertinent to other marques it raised the point of how punitive the Aus. regulations appear to be when importing. Exporting when emigrating on the other hand....

As others have alluded to on many other occasions JKulin is the man to talk to and he would be better placed to offer advice. His post #11 in the above thread is very helpful.

As for prices in Aus. it appears relative scarcity and costs of importing keep prices high. High enough to warrant the hassle & potential risk of shipping I don't know. Perhaps put out a few "feelers" and see what sort of interest there might be. There are a number of contributors here from down under - maybe worth getting in touch for their opinion.

Beautiful AC by the way. Not a bad colour for a Welshman I suppose
    Thanks for the link - may follow that up depending on the response I get when I try and sell here I think - could do with the money before we go!

Indeed no better colour for me too (although I do like the black version as well - very cool!)

I think you will sell easier over there given recent feedback however.............you will need to obviously consider the exchange rate, import costs, taxes etc! 3200's especially AC's I feel are not appreciated anywhere near as much down here as they were not imported in full volume down here thus not a well known/appreciated car........sadly! From memory the "Redbook" value for an AC down here is a poultry 35K AUD which is a joke considering how rare these things are. What are they selling for in UK?

Quote Originally Posted by Evo Cymru View Post
    Thanks for the link - may follow that up depending on the response I get when I try and sell here I think - could do with the money before we go!

Indeed no better colour for me too (although I do like the black version as well - very cool!)
    All the best,

Tappets
    (Terry)

2001 50/75 Assetto Corsa Grigio Touring Auto

1989 Biturbo Spyder Nero Auto

2004 VY Holden 5.7Lt SS Ute Manual (Day drive)

1971 HG Holden Premier sedan 6 Cyl 3 speed (Restoration project)

That's Nige's old car, was always a good one.
    Maserati sourcing and sales

Quote Originally Posted by dickygrace View Post
    That's Nige's old car, was always a good one.
    Yes it is, I looked at it when he was changing to an Aston Martin?
    60/75

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12