I'm new to Maserati.......

Leachy

Morning gang.

I purchased my first Maserati GT S last week. Absolutely loving it so far. Having come from the German sports car side of things I'm noticing the quirky little things lol!

The car is due a service (I negotiated this at time of buying)

It will be the 3rd service the car has had. Currently 24500 miles at 6 years old.
Both previous services from HR Owen.

At this stage in the cars life would you be taking it to a reputable Indy or still using a main dealer to keep the service stamps main dealer???

Who would you recommend as an Indy near Herts/Essex area please?

Thanks Simon

Attachments

• IMG_2374.jpg
    IMG_2374.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_2372.jpg
    IMG_2372.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_2373.jpg
    IMG_2373.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_2377.jpg
    IMG_2377.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 111

CatmanV2

Welcome Simon. It's traditional to demand photos :)

If you've negotiated the service I'd probably get this one done at MD, but then onto Indies. Matter of personal taste though really.

Nip over the bridge, I can recommend Matt and the team at Giallo who look after the tricky bits for mine. More basic stuff I take to Felice Real who's just moved to Basildon.

Maybe we'll see each other around ;)

C

safrane

Welcome.

If you saw some of the 'workmanship' of some main dealers you would definitely use the indis.

FF1078

Welcome Simon

I like to keep MD stamps but as Peter said above the workmanship is far better at a good indy.
I always quote the indy price at my MD and they get as close to that as they can so make sure you haggle if you do go the MD way.

Pictures please?

BR Nick

Andyk

Get a good main dealer and would still use at this stage. People expect to see main dealer stamps in a car like this until it gets a few more years under its belt even if some Indis are better.

Ewan

Good choice of car!

I'm convinced that my local Indie (Emblem Sports Cars) are better than the MD choices. They are no cheaper, but take more care and are more diligent IMO. Yours is the same age as mine and I have no hang ups about Indie v MD stamps. It's worth travelling (or transporting) to a good Indie if there's not one locally.

Trust you are using the Sport button lots.

philw696

A question for Voicey or Marios.
Can you guys do software up dates ?
Working back in a Dealership I find that I'm doing a lot of these brought to my attention when doing a scan on cars in the workshop.
Independents down here can't.

Navcorr

@phil - just noticed your previous "wheels". I got the orange Chopper kudos way back when but a metallic purple Grifter was the king of the streets in my hood :D

whereskeith

Hiya Leachy.
I wondered when you would find your way on here.
Great car you have there, not as quick as others u have had but the GTS is about more than speed.
The guys on here are great and will help you with all the questions and knowledge help you will ever need.
Enjoy the car the GTS is superb.
My only advice would be not to cut corners on maintenance , look after it properly at a place that is forum recommended.

K

whereskeith

Hiya Leachy.
I wondered when you would find your way on here.
Great car you have there, not as quick as others u have had but the GTS is about more than speed.
The guys on here are great and will help you with all the questions and knowledge help you will ever need.
Enjoy the car the GTS is superb.
My only advice would be not to cut corners on maintenance , look after it properly at a place that is forum recommended.

K

iainw

Did you manage to get a good deal on it?
I remember it advertised privately for a bit over the odds with photoshopped photos to enhance the colour.
It was/is a gorgeous looking car but the seller was trying to get too much for it...

Leachy

Hi mate!!!
How are you?
Loving it so far, needs a few bits doing to make it perfect but it's pretty good

Leachy

Did you manage to get a good deal on it?
I remember it advertised privately for a bit over the odds with photoshopped photos to enhance the colour.
It was/is a gorgeous looking car but the seller was trying to get too much for it...

I think I paid a little over the top for it but I've not seen one like it before. The car was originally specced by piers linney from dragons den. It has pretty much every extra offered on it. 4 carbon packs, roof decal etc. I'm happy to pay a little more to get something individual.

Contigo

Sponsor
He's a cool guy that Piers and not short of a bob or two so I'm sure the spec is great! Welcome mate and take it to Voicey if you are not too far away, it's a no brainer. Matt at Giallo is spot on too!

iainw

I think I paid a little over the top for it but I've not seen one like it before. The car was originally specced by piers linney from dragons den. It has pretty much every extra offered on it. 4 carbon packs, roof decal etc. I'm happy to pay a little more to get something individual.
Agree mate. I did the same with mine (I love Carbon).
TBH it was probably 10k of options for an extra 3k so worth it.