So what's the easiest fix you've done on a QP V?

TridentTested

What's the easiest fix you've done? I mean, apart from ignoring some bizarre error message which subsequently went away?

I had a brake light fail warning yesterday. I was dreading what dismantling of the boot lining and light cluster might be ahead of me but was pleasantly surprised so see access was super easy through the battery compartment, the offending lamp-holder simply unclips and the replacement bulb is a readily available standard and cheap part. Voila. Job done. Couldn't be easier.

On the other hand, I am dreading doing the same job on the NSR whenever it fails. The little door in the boot lining doesn't actually access the top part of the light cluster and my hand isn't small enough to work behind the lining. The day it needs replacement I might have to take the lining out - not an easy looking job.

rockits

The NSR light cluster is pretty easy to get to and out if needed. Only three nuts with a small spanner & it's out. Done it 5 times on mine so well versed!

safrane

Not a fix as such or a QP... retrofitting Sat Nav to my first 4200...remove center dash top vent. Velcro stick antenna to bulk head and drop wires behind the dash fe fit vent. Plug wires into the NIT and load software...job done for a fraction of the £1.5 k Maserati charge. (£4.99)

CatmanV2

Again not QP: Reversing lever on my 4200 came off in my hand. An hour with a couple of allan keys and a jeweller's screwdriver.

C

rockits

I say easy but that is subjective I guess & depends on your levels. Compared to some PITA jobs I've encountered it's a walk in the park

leeq61

Not realising the steering lock was on after I did the cruise control mod and thinking I'd broken something very expensive ***hides face in shame***. A quick tug on the steering wheel after checking on here and all was good again. :) thanks to the forum members that stopped me taking the car to bits again.

Massa in Perth

20A fuse in the boot after thinking I had blown a door actuator module or something. All doors and the boot not locking/unlocking or opening.

MarkMas

Chief pedant
Sticking a fibre furniture leg pad onto the end of the boot spring to make it pop up properly and prevent boot lid re-grab. Both the easiest fix and the absolute limit of my mechanical skills.

midlifecrisis

Fixing the failing nut (splitting due to dissimilar metal corrosion) on the oil sump to engine pipe. In practice, it's an engine out and replace the whole pipe job and £800+ to the charity of your favourite indie. Maverick created a 'split nut' solution that means all you have to do is, drain the oil, remove the nut off the oil sump, remove the nut off the pipe, remove the corrosion, fit the split nut (using loctite and other sealing compounds), screw onto sump refill with fresh oil. Maybe one hour of your time...

maverick

Fixing the failing nut (splitting due to dissimilar metal corrosion) on the oil sump to engine pipe. In practice, it's an engine out and replace the whole pipe job and £800+ to the charity of your favourite indie. Maverick created a 'split nut' solution that means all you have to do is, drain the oil, remove the nut off the oil sump, remove the nut off the pipe, remove the corrosion, fit the split nut (using loctite and other sealing compounds), screw onto sump refill with fresh oil. Maybe one hour of your time...

IMG_0511.jpg

GeoffCapes

Not a fix on a QP but I once had a girlfriend who said that I needed to get rid of the Alfa 147 I had at the time.

That problem was fixed. I got rid of the girlfriend!

Win win!

IanU

Sticking a fibre furniture leg pad onto the end of the boot spring to make it pop up properly and prevent boot lid re-grab. Both the easiest fix and the absolute limit of my mechanical skills.

Aha - I spy the second item on my list of things to resolve, marvelous. I know I've got some of these things around somewhere - even cheaper then :)
Cheers
Ian.