Looking for a 4200

rockits

Ha, that's not a bad idea at all really.. I wil consider that. Are you serious? I'm fully insured to drive any car as long as it is also insured by the owner.

Yup, dead serious. As long as silly miles don't go on it & it is looked after well enough I don't see an issue. I am going to have it serviced next year, a wheel refurb & a few other bits so the rental revenue should pay for this so win win for both. A risk free option for you at a cost but at least a fixed known cost.

Wack61

And if you can have it taken off the register (though I don't know if that is actually a possibility) you could add about 20% to its value and potentially even sell it at a profit. Maybe this is worth a little additional research

They can go from CAT C /D to CAT inspected but they're always on the list , whether the cat status still shows up in online searches I don't know

https://www.autolign.co.uk

jack.pe

I believe it shows as 'condition inspected'.

So basically no point doing it as the cat D still shows in the history. Not such good value as I first thought this car aniway.. so still on the look out.

You've got some nice cars Dicky.. though for obvious reasons they would not work for me!

bigbob

Because I'm reselling fairly soon and buying from a dealer would mean a substantial loss when I come to resell. Would not matter so much if this was a keeper.

Brave human thinking of a Maserati as a short term ownership proposition.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
Because I'm reselling fairly soon and buying from a dealer would mean a substantial loss when I come to resell. Would not matter so much if this was a keeper.

That's a sweeping statement; may be true but may not either....

Contigo

Sponsor
Speak to Dicky he may be able to give you a few K off list and then you can enjoy it and sell it privately for the same price. That way Dicky gets a quick sale and you don't lose a penny and we all get to read your excellent blog.

jack.pe

That's a sweeping statement; may be true but may not either....

Ok, all things being equal there will always be a dealer premium on a car. As I am intending to resell fairly quickly it makes sense for me to try to buy privately. Obviously I won't get the guarantees you do when buying from a dealer but as long as I take care with the purchase it should make more sense. Generally dealer advertised cars seem to be a minimum of 10% more than private sales. Buying from a dealer and then selling privately in a short space of time does not seem to make a great deal of sense.. unless of course there is an exceptional deal on offer. Your low mileage 2005 car actually seems quite keenly priced and I did consider it..just £4K more than Nuvola's 60K mile non-facelift car seems like good deal! but I think I would struggle to resell it at the same price.
Swings and roundabouts in the end but please understand i was not criticising dealers, just think in my position it would have to be a very keenly priced dealer car to make sense.

Brave human thinking of a Maserati as a short term ownership proposition.

Indeed but that's what I was told when I bought my Lotus Esprit.. in much stronger terms actually. That worked out fine.. this may not!
It's the whole point of the 12 cars project.. not an ideal way of getting one of these cars of course but it is about owning 12 cars I've always wanted in a relatively short space of time. Doing what others in my position have wanted to do but can't due to family/finances/time!!

jack.pe

Speak to Dicky he may be able to give you a few K off list and then you can enjoy it and sell it privately for the same price. That way Dicky gets a quick sale and you don't lose a penny and we all get to read your excellent blog.

Thank you! I'll give him a call for a chat in any case

I am new to Masers, but I cant help but think that the OP may struggle with his 12 car project including a Maser in the 12 cars.
There are so few cars about of 4200 and Gransport, the World is not his oyster to pick and choose. High mileage/low mileage/facelift/pre-facelift and so on.

jack.pe

I am new to Masers, but I cant help but think that the OP may struggle with his 12 car project including a Maser in the 12 cars.
There are so few cars about of 4200 and Gransport, the World is not his oyster to pick and choose. High mileage/low mileage/facelift/pre-facelift and so on.

There will undoubtedly be compromise involved. I may have to go for a higher mileage car for example, however there are even fewer Esprits around and fewer still in decent condition and I managed that one without loosing any money.

Davidc

Just picked up on this thread. I am considering selling my manual 4200. 50k miles. This is another car that has been cared for by Phil at PK Supercars over many years. This was something that gave me peace of mind when I bought the car and I haven't been disappointed with his recommendation. Drop me a line if you're interested and want to know more. I'm not in a hurry to sell and was not going to bother to advertise until next year but if somebody is looking for the right car then maybe this is it! Note that the car's in deepest Aberdeenshire so not that convenient if you're in London!20170511_144648.jpg20170511_144548.jpg

Attachments

• 20170511_144541.jpg
    20170511_144541.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 168

jack.pe

Just picked up on this thread. I am considering selling my manual 4200. 50k miles. This is another car that has been cared for by Phil at PK Supercars over many years. This was something that gave me peace of mind when I bought the car and I haven't been disappointed with his recommendation. Drop me a line if you're interested and want to know more. I'm not in a hurry to sell and was not going to bother to advertise until next year but if somebody is looking for the right car then maybe this is it! Note that the car's in deepest Aberdeenshire so not that convenient if you're in London!View attachment 44956View attachment 44957

PM'd you!

Needamaser

Just picked up on this thread. I am considering selling my manual 4200. 50k miles. This is another car that has been cared for by Phil at PK Supercars over many years. This was something that gave me peace of mind when I bought the car and I haven't been disappointed with his recommendation. Drop me a line if you're interested and want to know more. I'm not in a hurry to sell and was not going to bother to advertise until next year but if somebody is looking for the right car then maybe this is it! Note that the car's in deepest Aberdeenshire so not that convenient if you're in London!
Thought it was in OZ from the photos. ;-)
Flights from Aberdeen to various London airports so no excuse if a buyer is keen.
Ok it is a drive back down but I drove over 400 miles twice after buying cars from Richard and that made the whole experience more special.
Just drove 400 miles last weekend in a Fiat 500 with 69hp and that was not very special!

Needamaser

Just picked up on this thread. I am considering selling my manual 4200. 50k miles. This is another car that has been cared for by Phil at PK Supercars over many years. This was something that gave me peace of mind when I bought the car and I haven't been disappointed with his recommendation. Drop me a line if you're interested and want to know more. I'm not in a hurry to sell and was not going to bother to advertise until next year but if somebody is looking for the right car then maybe this is it! Note that the car's in deepest Aberdeenshire so not that convenient if you're in London!
Had sudden thought... was this Nicholas's "old" car? His was a blue manual and cant remember if Blu Med or Nettuno.
Was for sale when I bought my CC 3 years ago.
I had decided on the CC otherwise I would have grabbed it.

Davidc

Doh! I should have previewed before I sent the photos! It looks better up the right way!

Yes, this was Nicholas's car so it has been very well cared for.

FIFTY

That's a nice motor. Not that I want to reignite the CC vs manual debate but manual 4200's are pretty rare. Coupe form there is around 675no Cambiocorsa vs 150 manuals... all of the GS are CC. So if one is in the market for a manual choice is rather limited especially for well looked after models therefore you might have an easier task of selling it on.