Looking for a 4200

Wack61

Ooo that's a biggie , did you get anywhere with the highways authority or did they just point you towards your insurance company

Vampyrebat

I sent them a detailed report with photos as well as asking them to come and inspect the car and pothole that morning (they declined saying they had no one available). They have asked me to provide copies of receipts for new tyre and alloy refurb and they will get back to me with a decision within 3 months!!

Just by coincidence, there were Highway workers out that afternoon fixing it.........Why couldn't they come and inspect my car at the same time? it was right at the scene of the crime as I told them the pothole was luckily outside my works car park

D Walker

I sent them a detailed report with photos as well as asking them to come and inspect the car and pothole that morning (they declined saying they had no one available). They have asked me to provide copies of receipts for new tyre and alloy refurb and they will get back to me with a decision within 3 months!!

Just by coincidence, there were Highway workers out that afternoon fixing it.........Why couldn't they come and inspect my car at the same time? it was right at the scene of the crime as I told them the pothole was luckily outside my works car park

Did you get photos of them repairing it as well??

DevonPaul

The pothole gang would have been subbies of the maintenance contractor, no more use for assessing vehicle damage than a plasterer at installing a boiler.

However if they were out that quick then it is VERY unusual, a highways inspector might have been already - possibly days earlier, and the job could have been scheduled.

Paul

Vampyrebat

Yes it had been assessed before as they gave me a pothole reference and in this photo you can see the paint markings around it (not that I could see that at 7:00am on a rainy day)!!WP_20180126_08_05_33_Pro.jpg

conaero

Forum Owner
Approach the governing council and give them 14 days to respond.

When they fail to contact you, fill out an N1 small claims court form and file it.

You won’t hear anything until the day before the hearing where they will offer you about 70% of your claim. Decline it then they will cave and pay it. They 100% do not want to go to court and lose as a precident will be set.

RSM Masser

Yes it had been assessed before as they gave me a pothole reference and in this photo you can see the paint markings around it (not that I could see that at 7:00am on a rainy day)!!View attachment 47426

If there are paint marks around it the council are aware of its existence and will pay up, I claimed over £3K back on pothole damage resulting in a new steering rack.
I think what is more worrying is the obvious shoddy repair at the top of the photo. It has a clearly defined patch of new tarmac, however the general state of the road around it has already delaminated, I would suggest even the big hole is part of another shoddy repair given the straight joint line right next to it.

safrane

I saw contractors repair a hole near my house yesterday... a joke outfit who did not cut out the bad stuff, just filled the hole then used their van to flatten the tarmac by driving back and forth over it a couple of times.

Any wonder why the roads are like dirt tracks.

jasst

Dorset use a machine called a 'jet patcher' it fires a jet of gravel and hot tar from a hose to fill the hole, no preparation or compaction , usually lasts a month or so, total and utter cr**. Friend is a county councillor, he said its all about form filling, they have repaired the hole ,so relevant box gets a tick, job done, the fact that they will undoubtedly have to go back and do it again in the not to distant future isn't considered. I really do despair of this country sometimes!

philw696

Sounds like the Councils fill pot holes and record statistics the same way as the Police do with Crimes to make themselves look good to the Politician's.
Crazy World just do it right.