GT Larini rear boxes

StuartW

Hmm if I get these I'm full Larini !

I was full Larini on my GTS and am still recovering. Admittedly, mine were valved so I could switch them off but when in sport, it was insane and I wouldn't do it again. "Undriveable" I think was Marios' description when he fitted them!

azapa

I was full Larini on my GTS and am still recovering. Admittedly, mine were valved so I could switch them off but when in sport, it was insane and I wouldn't do it again. "Undriveable" I think was Marios' description when he fitted them!

I'd quite like a drive in that!

DaveT

I'm sure I remember Marios using stronger adjectives when I was considering something similar :)

StuartW

I'm sure I remember Marios using stronger adjectives when I was considering something similar :)

He enjoyed test driving mine along his road before handing me the keys but I'm sure the locals were glad to see the back of me.

For those that have been to Autoshield, you will know that the office/shop is across a fairly busy & noisy road and a fair bit away from the workshop and I was sitting in the shop with Richard Grace waiting for the boxes to be fitted. We heard the car fire up when it was ready - that pretty much told me what I was in line for, I think I kept that system on for around 4 months or so!

Contigo

Sponsor
Not sure if you heard mine at the weekend but it's pretty much what you describe as it is with the H and cats plus valved standard boxes. Problem is I don't like the quad boxes much prefer the twin ovals and like the fact I can shut it up when I need to be discreet.

StuartW

I did hear you Phil, how could I not?! And yes, the ovals do look better & the valves would be essential. But if you added Larini rear boxes, you & your neighbours wouldn't have any glass left in your house!

r3ni00

Hi Guys,

I've just pick up a GT a few weeks ago and I've been considering a Larini rear box, this looks pretty good.

I've got a 2008 4.2 GT, does anyone know if this rear box is the same for GT and GTS?

Thanks

Lozzingers

Hi r3ni00 (is that your name?!)
I'm pretty sure these will be the same for a gt and gts. I had the 4.2 and had the larini system installed and it was epic. Made the 4.2 sound how it always should have! Word of caution... There is some drone around 2-2.5k romantic which can be a bit annoying if sat I. The back for a long drive up a hill... If I were to do it again I would probably pay more and get the valved option. I was happy, but WAGS /family may appreciate it being toned down occasionally! That is a 1% negative, the other 99% is 100% positive
Laurence

r3ni00

Stuart / Laurence - Thanks for the prompt response :) I'm loving the car btw, I've had my eye on the GT since it came out and I've finally got my hands on one! I'll post some pics soon, I'm just in the process of getting some aesthetic work (tints, de-chrome, wheels powder coated in gloss black) and hopefully the Larini rear box :)

Laurence - Just to clarify my names Jason lol

Thanks guys