White 2006 QP at Auction

dgmx5

Not sure what the final bid was as the auction site doesn't show the hammer price but last time I looked (about 6 hours from the end) it was still at £12,500 with reserve not met.

Car now up on ebay for £15,495 or offers at http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-Mase...789482?hash=item4b207fbcaa:g:r0IAAOSwPydZmxsI

Autotrader goes with white colour but DR06RAW is according to MOT checker a grey car and I wonder whether this is a respray or wrap. Notably no photos of the inside of the boot or engine bay and the white only serves to make some of the panel gaps look a little variable in the photos. The MOT expired on 23 August and had some fairly nigglly failures of over the years.

Is it really a GTS?

What would be a cheap price for this?

safrane

I know its only my opinion but that looks awful and about as classy as a burberry baseball cap.

It is, without question. Highly questionable.

Maybe it was Stevie Wonder's courtesy car, when visiting GB.

I'm sensing some flawed logic here. Maserati = cool. White = cool. Therefore, white Maserati = cool squared, plus instant profit.

Last edited:

Ewan

It's not a GTS! They weren't even available in 2006, and are auto, not DS. It's a standard 06 DS with a dubious makeover.

Brasso

It's not a GTS! They weren't even available in 2006, and are auto, not DS. It's a standard 06 DS with a dubious makeover.

It is a Sport GT S. I know because it was once my car! I also thought the same until it was taken to Ferrari and they informed me it was a Sport GT S and highly likely it was the first off the line (with the the newer clutch, until that was scrapped for the new ZF box)

And it's a spray not a wrap, a flawless paint job i will also add.

I'd have the car back in a heartbeat! It got more attention than my chrome gold SL55! Also had a black QP recently and had no comments on that one. The pictures don't do it justice at all!

Ewan

It's a Sport GT. The GTS came after that and was really quite different, with a different gearbox, different suspension, different brakes, different tyres, etc. Indeed, this white car even has the correct Sport GT badges on the window pillars.

Presumably whoever told you it was a GTS as opposed to a Sport GT inadvertently made a small mistake. Easily done, and its not the first time we've seen a Sport GT advertised as a GTS. Of course, if it was a GTS it would be worth a good £5k more (approximately).

Phil the Brit

So Brasso, did you just join to post that? You only joined today. Do you still own it?
I just find it strange that your first post is to sing the praises of a car that you allegedly don't own.:conf4:

Brasso

It's a Sport GT. The GTS came after that and was really quite different, with a different gearbox, different suspension, different brakes, different tyres, etc. Indeed, this white car even has the correct Sport GT badges on the window pillars.

Presumably whoever told you it was a GTS as opposed to a Sport GT inadvertently made a small mistake. Easily done, and its not the first time we've seen a Sport GT advertised as a GTS. Of course, if it was a GTS it would be worth a good £5k more (approximately).

You'll probably know more than me, I just drive them. I was told and was sold Sport GT S parts by Ferrari. I did question it at the time but was assured it was a GT S (not GTS)

Brasso

So Brasso, did you just join to post that? You only joined today. Do you still own it?
I just find it strange that your first post is to sing the praises of a car that you allegedly don't own.:conf4:

Yes i did actually, i searched the plate to see if it was for sale again. If you'd like proof it's still on my Snapchat memories I'd be happy to add you and show you