Cheap Loudlink alternative

FIFTY

Let us know how you get on, I have a bluetooth loudlink hidden in my centre console and I'm pretty happy with it. I bought it in May 2016 before GBP fell against the Euro so it was slightly cheaper. Only criticism is that when the car is very cold it does not work until it warms up a bit in the cabin... which is a bit odd but it could be the car. It's all going to be ripped out and re-installed for a heater matrix change in a couple of weeks so let's see if it gets any better

colonelk

You say yours is in the centre console? Did you need to extend the wiring for it? I was under the impression that they plug directly into the CD changer 8-pin plug? Mine is in the boot in place of the changer, but having it in the centre console would be more useful as it would be easier to fit the hands free mic.

It works a treat btw - controls and skip tracks work through the standard buttons (or of course on my phone). Haven't tried hands free yet. Also has an aux in jack if required.

CatmanV2

The cable that you've plugged into in the boot reaches to the NIT in the armrest.

If you search on here, you'll find the thread 'What's in the armrest'. If you plug it in direct there, you're good to go

C

Corranga

Not a phone link, but recently tried one of the yatour cd changer replacements that plays from SD card, and it works with the 4200.
It wasn't in there long as I bought it for my 2007 Panda..