Pretty impressive mpg!

Devonboy

So I have had my 2010 QP GT S for about a month so decided a European shakedown was in order!

Amazed by the trip stats for the first two days in light of the average speed!

Attachments

• IMG_4858.jpg
    IMG_4858.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_4858.jpg
    IMG_4858.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 120

allandwf

When I checked mine, max mpg was cruising around 85-90, obviously in Germany ;) faster or slower, if other conditions were the same, it would drop. Ir must be where engine is most efficient.

Ewan

You must have been going downhill, steeply, in neutral.

Or heaven forbid, the electronics are telling porkies;)

azapa

Disappointing! currently showing 4.5km/l or 10.5 mpg on mine. I must be doing something wrong? :)

montravia

I blissfully don't care what mine does, occassionally check but only as a health check of the engine, like being above 20mpg, which would be a warning that something is wrong.
Now if I get less than 40mpg out of the 500, I know I'm thrashing it

Steve GS

On a serious note and I'm sure it's been said before. If your looking at mpg get a Toyota puris or what ever it's called not a Maserati v8. Unless you are trying to convince your wife that man maths work

CatmanV2

On a serious note and I'm sure it's been said before. If your looking at mpg get a Toyota puris or what ever it's called not a Maserati v8. Unless you are trying to convince your wife that man maths work

**** that. Frankly I'm surprised what milage it *will* do if you're simply pootling along at 70. But not why I bought it!

C

Heavenly

I Have to say ive had mine nearly 3 months now and majorly impressed with it.
2250 miles in and 11750 miles on the clock my average is 18.9MPG, however any long journeys im getting impressive MPG.
I did Maidstone to Coventry with some diversions and back and averaged 26.5pmg with normal driving but certainly not 56mph all the way.
I can average over 25 on all long journeys now and honestly thought I was going to be pushing to get above 18 so well chuffed.
What I am also finding is 95% of the time im in Paddle Shift mode also so maybe the next one will be change of gearbox.
I bl**dy love this car!

TridentTested

My thoughts exactly. When I owned an oil-burner I found myself constantly looking at the trip counter - because that's the whole raison d'être of compression ignition.

When I replaced that car with the QP it was a massive relief never to look at the trip counter again. I can't remember the last time I've re-zereod it.