Sold my car

GeoffCapes

We've a lot of looky-likeys on here.

Dem - Stavros Flatley.
Conaero - Any suicide bomber based on what he looked like at Brands Hatch

Hang on, this could go the way of the Whatsapp conversation in Le Mans!

conaero

Forum Owner
We've a lot of looky-likeys on here.

Dem - Stavros Flatley.
Conaero - Any suicide bomber based on what he looked like at Brands Hatch

Hang on, this could go the way of the Whatsapp conversation in Le Mans!

Look, Ive stopped wearing the orange rucksack in busy places.

GeoffCapes

I can just imagine people faces if you were on the tube and you saw your mate Akbar.

"Allo Akbar!!!"

jack.pe

Hey mate, good to see that the sale did go through. Thanks for taking time to have a quick chat with me even though it was basically sold, appreciate the advice!

Caymans are utterly brilliant cars.. and one is on my list for my 12 cars project.. drove one a few months ago and absolutely loved it. Masses of car for the money and handling wise they **** all over the equivalent 911. You will love it!
Little video of my impressions below

[video=youtube;lay5LSTeDV4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lay5LSTeDV4[/video]

Contigo

Sponsor
What is this 12 car project again? Do you write for a living/hobby? And also are you a member of Pistonheads? :D

rossyl

Mav... are you going to tell people about you potential plans for the Cayman...or are you keeping that under wraps?

jack.pe

What is this 12 car project again? Do you write for a living/hobby? And also are you a member of Pistonheads? :D

Hey Phil, basically to own 12 cars I've always wanted to have! You know, cars you saw when you were younger or just not in a position to buy and that you always hankered after. But achievable. Around £15-25K level. So I started with a BMW E46 M3, next one was a mini GP (the special one without rear seats), then A Nissan R32 GTR, then a Lancia Delta Integrale, then the Lotus Esprit Turbo... and now hopefully a 4200! So far it has taken me 18 months.. so realistically 3 years to finish it off I think.

The videos are a hobby! and yes I am a member but don't go on Pistonheads very much.

maverick

Mav... are you going to tell people about you potential plans for the Cayman...or are you keeping that under wraps?

Am not to sure how far Iam going with it as it's such a nice car it would be a shame to change it about but one thing is for sure new headers with sport cats and a Remus exhaust is going on very soon .

maverick

So a little update , just over a week ownership and loving the Cayman the handerling is just a different league and performance wise is about on par in real world driving with the massa .Its a little less comfortable but very Germanic in its lay out , surprisingly good for boot / bonnet space for luggage at least as much as the mazza .The ride is a bit harsher but to be expected . And you all will be pleased to know that it isn't just itailian cars that suffer from electrical problems ,new battery , bad + battery connection to distribution box ( corroded ) AC wet it self and the window regulator broke .But all in all a great car and I hate to say it I prefer diving it . It's a little quiet on exhaust note but doesn't sound to bad but it's currently having a Remus sport exhaust fitted . Anyway just turned up at our hotel in Sri Lanka and Iam knakered so a couple of hours power nap than smashing the All inclusive

Contigo

Sponsor
Well done mate, pleased for you!

Enjoy Sri Lanka, It's one place I've not been (I know!) and I've heard Galle and Colombo are amazing. Let me know what you think ! Send me some pics...

Andyk

So a little update , just over a week ownership and loving the Cayman the handerling is just a different league and performance wise is about on par in real world driving with the massa .Its a little less comfortable but very Germanic in its lay out , surprisingly good for boot / bonnet space for luggage at least as much as the mazza .The ride is a bit harsher but to be expected . And you all will be pleased to know that it isn't just itailian cars that suffer from electrical problems ,new battery , bad + battery connection to distribution box ( corroded ) AC wet it self and the window regulator broke .But all in all a great car and I hate to say it I prefer diving it . It's a little quiet on exhaust note but doesn't sound to bad but it's currently having a Remus sport exhaust fitted . Anyway just turned up at our hotel in Sri Lanka and Iam knakered so a couple of hours power nap than smashing the All inclusive

Sounds like...apart from a few issues.....you are enjoying her. Would really be interested in your thoughts of ownership as time goes on John. Looking at the classifieds the S is getting good value and has alwYs been a sweet handling car.

maverick

Well done mate, pleased for you!

Enjoy Sri Lanka, It's one place I've not been (I know!) and I've heard Galle and Colombo are amazing. Let me know what you think ! Send me some pics...

Will do phill we are on a safari on Friday to see the elephants and tigers , tea plantation and a old Dutch fort .

maverick

Sounds like...apart from a few issues.....you are enjoying her. Would really be interested in your thoughts of ownership as time goes on John. Looking at the classifieds the S is getting good value and has alwYs been a sweet handling car.

There are really good value , go and test drive one , I think you will love it ! If you are coming to the xmas do you can have a go in mine.