Sold my car

maverick

Well today was the day my car has now gone to her new owners, a lovely couple Linda and Eric . I will miss her greatly maybe not the running costs but still that V8 frill and you never get bored of saying you own a Maserati .
The plan is to move on to a Porsche most probably a Cayman S so please don't crucifie me .Iam not planning on going anywhere and will still contribute to the forum as much as i can so your not getting rid of me that easy .I have made so many new friends hopefully for life and still have a passion for the brand,maybe one day I'll be back in a GTS .

First of all a big thanks to matt for posting the maf sensor at short notice, newton for lending his car to check the maf was gone and voicey for doing the service and fixing the engine light which was all part of the condition of sale .

SO CHEERS GUYS !!!!

See you all at the xmas bash ! Maverick

Contigo

Sponsor
Well done John! You will miss her but onwards and upwards etc.. Sorry missed your call mate was in a busy pub! Speak soon!!!

conaero

Forum Owner
Nice one Mav.

On Maserati no. 6 so its the itch you keep having to scratch!

You'll soon get bored of your poor mans 911 and be back no doubt.

rockits

Well done Mav...a good price & good sale I think. Good choice & good value the Cayman S. I had a 987 Boxster 3.2 S manual & really enjoyed it. You not fancy the Boxster over the Cayman?

You going manual or PDK?

2b1ask1

Special case
Congrats on the sale John, they have got a bargain there. My pleasure to be able to help out, mine was going there anyway just a few days earlier in the end.

As a Porsche enthusiast with a 996 Turbo, the Cayman is a good car. I don't know what year you went for, but I hope you had a PPI and borescope if it was in the years that suffered from this issue. Porsche is a very different driver - very German if that makes sense - everything is just right and thought through. So much data is stored in the ECU that people are surprised what it can reveal. PDK box is a good box - in sport mode lovely and in manual shift fast as well as in PDK auto. I have a Boxster S courtesy car when mine goes for service at OPC Chester.

maverick

Not bought a car yet just looking at the moment , it will be a gen 1 manual as that's all I can afford .

Merak Memories

As a Porsche enthusiast with a 996 Turbo, the Cayman is a good car. I don't know what year you went for, but I hope you had a PPI and borescope if it was in the years that suffered from this issue. Porsche is a very different driver - very German if that makes sense - everything is just right and thought through. So much data is stored in the ECU that people are surprised what it can reveal. PDK box is a good box - in sport mode lovely and in manual shift fast as well as in PDK auto. I have a Boxster S courtesy car when mine goes for service at OPC Chester.

well done on the sale, I went from a 3200 ac to a Boxster 3.4s second gen PDK. Such a difference between the brands, the Porsche is just the best at what it does, which is why it has so many followers. The Maserati was different, but has so many issues and will only ever appeal to a really limited market, who accept the cars "warts and all".
Now have a second gen (997) 911, which is amazing. Thought about a GT but just could not bring myself to do it again !!
relax and enjoy it.
MM

philw696

We have had a few go to Porsche from here one of my own brothers included.
You have to know what your going into when you go exotic Italian and for most of us we just need that fix :)

Merak Memories

yes I understand, I was a fan myself once, but after having an exotic, I realised that a car must actually work as a minimum and if you cannot rely on it getting you from A to B then what is the point. That's why I moved over to Porsche. Still pop into this forum from time to time to see how things are going with the exotics !!

philw696

Agreed but for me personally my Maserati 4200's have both been utterly reliable my current one living outdoors here in NZ for nearly 3 years :)

GeoffCapes

One day I will own a 911. As its an itch I will need to scratch. I think it will be as well as the Maser though. Can't see myself being without one. The Maser is part of the family now.

CatmanV2

One day I will own a 911. As its an itch I will need to scratch. I think it will be as well as the Maser though. Can't see myself being without one. The Maser is part of the family now.

I had one as a loaner last year. Was very underwhelmed

C