Door lock issue... HELP!

samueluper

Hi! Today i have a problem with my GS. I used the remote key to close the car and i can hear it lock, but instantly its unlock again. With the key happens the same, first lock and in one second unlocks.

The lock sound comes just from the drivers side , and if i try to lock the passenger door i cant do it and comes no sound from...

¿What can i do?? THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CatmanV2

£40 from Eurospares. No idea how much a dealer charges to fit, but it's a couple of hours of not terribly difficult work.

It sounds like its your passenger door, but the normal test won't work.

C

billmao

My 06 GS is having the dreaded door locking issues. Passenger side locking mechanism replaced with a new part by me. Both the Drv and Pass locking mechanisms now operate when locking electrically with the key remote but immediately unlock. The Driver's side will lock manually with the key and from the mechanical switch inside but will immediately unlock. The Pass side will not lock using the key or the mechanical switch inside, this was one of the symptoms before I replaced the Pass door locking mechanism, which I had hoped would solve the issue. There are no mechanical disconnections or electrical issues.
I'm thinking this is a passenger key barrel issue in that something is preventing the the passenger door from freely locking. The key will not turn to lock the passenger door. Am I right or is there something I'm missing?

gstroe

Hi! Today i have a problem with my GS. I used the remote key to close the car and i can hear it lock, but instantly its unlock again. With the key happens the same, first lock and in one second unlocks.

The lock sound comes just from the drivers side , and if i try to lock the passenger door i cant do it and comes no sound from...

¿What can i do?? THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi there, I had the exact same issue. I was able to lock the doors from the passenger side using the key (manual lock). Catmanv advised it's the passenger door lock, a bit counter-intuitive but he was dead on. I replaced it and it was a pain but it solved the problem. There is a detailed write-up on how to remove the door trim and replace the door lock, one word of caution, it is bang on except for one screw that is not mentioned, I was pulling and pushing and asking what the heck but realized there must still be one screw. Eventually I found it and once removed the door trim came out very easily

CatmanV2

It sounds like you're on the right track with the barrel. Certainly would seem there's a mechanical issue somewhere :(

C

billmao

I sorted it. I redid the door locking mechanism installation and fettled it. What I discovered is that if there is ANY tension in the cable from the interior door handle to the unit, it will register with the central looking system as an open door and prevent the unit from locking the doors. Use the cable adjusting nuts close to the door locking unit to wind the cable tension way back to as loose as possible....2hrs to figure that out and re-hang the door card. Now I have a fully locking car again!!

CatmanV2

thanks mate....how's the Bentley working out? The Speed will be my next ride I fear!!

It's 'different'. It's been trouble free apart from the A/C (which is astonishingly simple but completely unable to hold gas). I'll keep it for a couple of years and love it in a very specific way. Massively well made. Blisteringly fast (I mean seriously quick) and a lovely lovely place to be for long distance with all the toys you could shake a stick at. But it's a really tough call if someone was to offer me the keys to an MC......

C

CatmanV2

I'll keep my GS and use it for car shows and club drives etc...I'll use the Speed for everything else...stay safe.

This is not a bad plan. However I suspect it will fail. If I had the keys to both in the cabinet one might get a lot more use than the other. Depending on my journey, of course......

I tend to not take the Speed around town. If I'm early enough I know I can park it , but it is a big car. The GT I had fewer concerns over.

C

billmao

Yeah I hear u...fortunately I live in a beach town with ample parking. My work is overseas, a B777 is my office, so none of my cars are used for work. Guess I'm lucky in that regard.

makeshiftUK

Unfortunately I think I've got the beginnings of door lock issues on my GS. Upon purchase, the previous owner advised me to check the passenger exterior door handle was actually locked after locking via the remote key fob (sometimes it wouldn't lock, whereas the driver side would lock)... putting this down to lack of usage vs. the driver side door handle.

Today, when attempting to unlock the car via the remote key fob the drivers side unlocks then immediately locked... same result with the physical key. The passenger side handle did unlock successfully and stayed unlocked via the physical key, which then allowed me to open the drivers side handle.

Reading the above, would it be logical and likely that the offending component here is the passenger side door lock (i.e. this: https://www.scuderiacarparts.com/part/193476/maserati/67294900/lh-door-lock.html)?