Talk me out of a R8 V10

Ewan

The R8 V10 is awesome and great value. Go for it. Obviously the interior is a bit, well, Audi, but other than that, what's not to like?

azapa

I drove the V8 and V10 before buying the stradale. The V10 is a complete beast performance wise, the V8 on par. The reason I went for the stadale? Well, one is an Audi, the other, a Maserati. 'nuf said?

conaero

Forum Owner
The lure of the V10.

Looked at them myself but they early EGear boxes are the same running gear as the Gallado Dan had. 10k miles and it ate its gearbox....£16k check please!

That was enough to put me off.

Apparently the V10Plus is the one to go for but prices are still very high, over £100k

bigbob

Get one! Walked past one in Edinburgh today, amazing cars for the money even if the mark I has sat Nav from a 15 year old A3 or TT.

safrane

Sat behind one on the way back from London yesterday... It looked great and so much more a super car stance and width than the GS or GT...life's too short; if you can afford it why not

azapa

truth is they photograph terribly (unlike the GT), that is to say, in person they do look very very cool. Still and Audi...

JonW

As others have said - if you can, just do it!... I think they are very, very special cars, and as long as you don't mind people thinking you're a Germanic, Teutonic, arrogant, Audi driver, and everyone expecting you to drive like an Ar$e, then why wouldn't you ...

Wack61

Too wide?
Makes driving one 'difficult' on our narrow roads.
Apparently.

I drove to holmfirth picturedrome a couple of months ago , it'd be difficult around holmfirth for sure

The R8 , are you buying it for looks or performance , how fast is fast enough for road use , looks , big TT or Italian beauty , no comparison

MrPea

I would love a V10 manual. I drove one in December 2015 and have longed to repeat the experience. Country roads in the cold and wet, and it could do it... all weather supercar and not the 911. Still Audi and therefor you'll have to become a c0ck to own one.

vanman1936

Wow, some strong views.

I mean, I haven't driven one yet but heard good things. Coming from a 500bhp 996 TT it's not about speed....the looks and a 5ltr V10!!! Can afford one luckily, but not in a frivolous way so still a big outlay for me.

Hopefully I won't be perceived as a cock if I buy one (must admit never known R8 drivers were perceived as c@kcs).

iainw

Argggh, so I LOVE my MC....the R8 just keeps winking at me!!

Any wise words out there?

It's an Audi.
Sorry I know that's an annoying, predictable response but it has a little truth.
If you want a V10/12, why not go for a slightly older Lambo or an Aston?

vanman1936

Ok, AMs are lovely however most people I know that have one have had a lot of issues. Lambo, interesting - talk to me!!

maverick

As I been looking at caymans recently to replace my sold 4200 . I really like the look of the new gt4 Cayman very nice not to sure of cost as my budget doesn't stretch that far . I shall now go and shoot my self in the face . Start around 80k 4.4 0 to 60 184 top speed
IMG_0882.jpg

iainw

Take a look At autotrader within your price thresholds and it's eye opening!
Taking into account relatively strong
Residuals of certain Marquez , once you into 6 figures so many interesting cars are possible.
I couldn't contemplate an Audi personally when lambo, Ferrari, mclaren and AMs (depending on what you want) are around that price point.
There are many more knowledgable people on here who will be able to give you relative strengths and weaknesses.
I am biased but if you must leave maserati ( and it's hard to replace a Nice GTS) it's definitely worth staying Italian. Ferraris with their 2 year power warranties and 7 years free servicing are attractive plus the V10 lambos are great. A forum member picked up a beast for around 100k.