Insurance Time Again!

Ian H

Hi
Be Wiser want to hike my 3200 insurance from £468 to £665, including roadside breakdown cover, protected no claims and £200 excess.
Have couple of expired speeding penalties from 2014 but the insurers seem to look back 5 years these days - any excess for a bit more premium.
Has anyone found a good rate recently - happy to cap mileage to ~6,000/year
Many thanks
Ian

FIFTY

I believe the vast majority have experienced the same hike mine went up by over 50%. Try shopping round you might find something cheaper than your renewal price

jayblue

My renewal was much more expensive than last years price and most quotes likewise. A bit of ringing around and I ended up being able to match last years price going with Direct Line. Adrian Flux were also open to negotiation on price and offered me a good deal.

Stewart

I'm just over 200 with 4K capped mls, fully comp ,change provider every renewal through the Meercats,9yrs discount clean license.

Mott The Hoople

I'm £290, 700XS, age 59, 3Kpa, parked in drive, with a 6 pointer speeding and a no fault claim. Churchill (who offer a 'replace your car with comparable one' guarantee - and first year's free roadside breakdown) via the Meercats.

Ian H

Many thanks for input
Meercats found me a Tesco quote for £296 unlimited miles, protected ncd, 6 expired points within 5 years
Will get breakdown cover separately - not that this is really necessary with a Maserati :)

Contigo

Sponsor
Just had my GTI renewal through, £170. It now includes agreed valuation at £12k so it's well worth it.

markp4200

Ian,
I think the only way to cap your price is to query it every time if the rise is anything over 3%.
use one of the comparison sites to check.
I don't let them get away with it. Privilege, who have two of my cars, tried to go from £170 to £220 which is around 30% and unacceptable.
They were happy to come down a little but not enough, so I said 'Bye' and off to Saga (lucky I'm an old git with time on my hand), with a figure much like last years.

I am pretty sure some companies go for a round 15% 'try-on' and hope enough people can't be bothered to make it worthwhile; I go for loyalty too. Which works both ways!

miket

Just been on the hunt for my spyder was quoted £237 by Aviva with a 4000 annual mileage limit, 1000 miles of that for business use!
I was looking for the BMW 420 d Gran Coupe also, that came in at £424 with 22k business miles, but when they combined them onto a multicar quote the total came to £608, so a further saving of £53.00 over individual policies.

Against my renewal offers which totalled £938.07 I'm saving £330.07 on both policies, it does pay to shop around!!!