F1 pump relay solution

adam01

Hi Adam, its a tentative YES from me, subject to proof that it works on our cars. How many units do you think we need for an Oz group buyu? my indy mechanic will probably grab one to try out.

Re the display issue, if the unit works so much better that the original and is good for the life of the vehicle, why do I need to see a live display? Isn't it just set and forget?
Hi

We probsbly have 4_5 interested in OZ
If i manage 6 or better will inquire

I believe there r some fitted in US but will ask with above

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

RobinL

As soon as I get back home to UK, and assuming I haven't sold my car (see classifieds) then I shall be buying and fitting one of these. Seems like a no brainer to me just for the peace of mind knowing I have replaced a potentially troublesome relay with something better!
if and when I do then I shall report back here!

ripan

Hi, this is a very interresting replacement for the electromagnetic relay with all the draw backs, voltage spikes etc, described. However I am not to fond of the monitoring functions, think they could be made more user friendly without an over whelming graphical display and analyzer. This is not rocket science, there are a number of Solid State Relays that could be used as direct replacment but without the monitoring. These SSR's are about 80 € in low quantities.

Does anyone know the rated current consumption of the Selespeed pump used in our CC systems (4200 and GranSport)?
The fuse is a 30A one (Green Maxi fuse) so the current consumption during normal conditions is of course lower.

Cheers /ripan

john4fun

I have just purchased this new relay as my f1 pump failed two weeks ago so my question is where is the relay location i have looked every where for the old relay it says its in the boot and its relay r22 but the handbook does not show relay r22 does anyone have any ideas 2010 Maserati Granturismo thanks

2b1ask1

Special case
Easiest to pull the side boot liner on the battery side; it is located up from the battery isolator switch on a little bracket.

john4fun

battery sits in the middle and there is no battery isolator switch this is the 4.7 or am i missing something 30 years in the trade you would think i could find a relay lol

CatmanV2

On the GT it's under the panel in the boot. You need to remove 4 screws once you've lifted up the access panel.

Where did you get the R22 from? It won't have the same number as the 4200 (at least I doubt it)

My manual doesn't list anything as it's a ZF :(

C

CatmanV2

Oh hang on, there's a page for the 4.7.

It could be:
T33 which is top left of the block of 4 on the panel on the left
T22 which is bottom middle of the block of 5 on the right hand panel.

HTH

C

john4fun

i have brought the new smart f1 relay there are two screws that give me access to the battery and fuses and relays that sit to the right of the battery but its not there hope that helps

CatmanV2

i have brought the new smart f1 relay there are two screws that give me access to the battery and fuses and relays that sit to the right of the battery but its not there hope that helps

Sorry then chap, no idea :(

Perhaps one of the other MC owners will know. You might want to post in the right forum section?

Sadly the Eurospares diagram doesn't help either

C

john4fun

hey i appreciate your help i did look on eurospares but i could not get any information from there , on monday i will take the whole boot lining out and try looking in places not already searched thanks again

2b1ask1

Special case
Ah read both sides of the page Newton!!! Sorry as the thread was about 4200’s I made an assumption!

john4fun

no problem i appreciate any advice i just cant believe i can not find it, i will trace the wires back from the pump if i have to

Taurus

Hi and a comment from Sweden.
I fitted the Scud-ing Swiss (https://www.scuding.com/Shop/en/68-maserati-4200) F1-relay today, no problems with the installation on my 2003, 4200CC. Tested and can't say I experienced much change in driving, but feels really good to have a solid state solution. Relays are relays... :) Plan to make a Powerpoint of the installment and post later.
/L

tonycharente

Hello Taurus,
Thank you for your excellent guide. I've just received delivery of my "ADVANCED VERSION" Scud Ing F1 relay and have managed to install it in my 4200CC without removing anything in the boot/trunk except of course the battery access cover. I had already swivelled the F1 relay & fuses mounting downwards, which made it a little bit easier - and I used the stud plus nut attaching the mounting to also connect the earth lead to. So I now have a working Scud Ing F1 relay - not yet tried it on the road as the roads near me are wet and muddy.

I do have a question for you, please, (or anyone else with a 4200CC who's installed one...). Have you managed to place the Monoriting Module (the unit with the three flashing lights that tell you what's going on) inside the car (as opposed to in the boot/trunk) and if so how and where?

Many thanks,
Tony

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
I’ll be getting one of these as that f*cking relay loused up my Monaco trip. Having put on an uprated F1 pump, one of these should make the system pretty reliable.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Unless they have changed it in the last year, the display module lead is not long enough to reach the driver, and at that time they said to me they could not offer one longer.
It might be long enough for the short **** spyder though!