Help - boot release cable stuck / flat battery

vanman1936

Pretty much per the title. Have used the cable release under the rear seat in the past with no problems but nothing today. Worried it will break it if I pull it any harder (and I have really pulled it)!

Started when I tried to open the car with the remote as normal which set the alarm off and did hit the boot release button as part of that which may have triggered something else? Seems unlikely.

Anyway, stranded!

Someone save me......

CatmanV2

So to be clear you can get into the car? Neither the release on the boot lid or the key open the boot?

What about the button on the dash?

C

CatmanV2

Moz1000

I would recommend you have someone push down on the boot lid while you pull your cable (!)
Moz

CatmanV2

I have really pulled it. Suspect the lock is somehow jammed.

Do those chargers work?

Well they do, but the cable is entirely mechanical so I can't see how the charger will help that. Also, assuming your car opens properly and starts OK, you don't have a battery issue......

C

Moz1000

..... until your finger starts to bleed. At this point you may have a problem.
It's stiff!
Moz

vanman1936

Battery is 100% flat - pretty sure it's the tracker.

Fingers almost broken.

If those cig lighter go cig lighter things work it may be worth a go. Battery drain still needs looking into.

Will call Scuderia tomorrow.

Going to tuck into some booze now to alleviate the rage .

CatmanV2

Battery is 100% flat - pretty sure it's the tracker.

Fingers almost broken.

If those cig lighter go cig lighter things work it may be worth a go. Battery drain still needs looking into.

Will call Scuderia tomorrow.

Going to tuck into some booze now to alleviate the rage ��.

If the battery is totally flat you'll need to (probably) connect a jump type pack to the terminals under the bonnet. The cig socket in the car is not live with ignition off....

...BUT

try this.

Plug jump pack into cig lighter in cabin. Turn ignition on (don't try to start car)

Give it, what, a minute or so.

Press boot release.

Rejoice / Weep (delete as applicable)

C

AaronE

exactly what cat says. and, if you do need to get into the terminals under the hood, they're under the passenger side beauty cover inside another cover. you can even jumpstart the car from there if need be (with all of the caveats that people say about "evil" electricity etc)