4200 wanted

daglocks

Hi
Ime a new member, looking for a 4200.
Are there any members cars for sale?....or any to avoid!
Cheers
Andrew

DaveT

Hi
Ime a new member, looking for a 4200.
Are there any members cars for sale?....or any to avoid!
Cheers
Andrew

Welcome Andrew

Suggest you have a chat with Richard Grace, forum sponsor who has one for sale and will happily chat with you about 4200's in general you even if his one isn't exactly what you are looking for.

www.richardgracecars.co.uk

Dave

CatmanV2

Depending on budget, Wack 61's might still be available. Cheap as chips and well known in these parts

C

hashluck

You probably need to decide manual or automated manual early in your search if you have not already done so

rossyl

Suggest you try and buy a well looked after car. A few forum members are selling which would be a great place to start.

rossyl

Oh and whoever or wherever you buy it from get your own Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI).

I wouldn't rely on a recent service nor a PPI done for someone else. I've been down that road before.

Also make sure the services follow the service schedule. And that they haven't just been getting an oil change done. As there are big services that need doing.
Service schedule can be found here, post 5

http://www.sportsmaserati.com/showthread.php/7076-4200-service-schedule?highlight=schedule

Wack61

Oh and whoever or wherever you buy it from get your own Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI).

I wouldn't rely on a recent service nor a PPI done for someone else. I've been down that road before.

Also make sure the services follow the service schedule. And that they haven't just been getting an oil change done. As there are big services that need doing.
Service schedule can be found here, post 5

http://www.sportsmaserati.com/showthread.php/7076-4200-service-schedule?highlight=schedule

I assume the picture is main dealer rates

I find it very hard to believe it can take 8 solid hours of work to service a car without doing any repairs, with a belt change yes, but a service,really

Looking at that list it doesn't even mention changing the fan belt, it's fluids and plugs, £1678 with 15% VAT, 5 years ago !

4200 service.jpg

thank you very much

It does look nice, I'm surprised it's got the fiat parts bin aerial on , I thought it was only the 2002 cars that had that

Spartacus

Mines for sale ,

2004, Facelift , semi-automatic , £16000

65k miles , brand new clutch , flywheel and all the bearings , fruity exhaust , Full history .
near mint condition

mas.jpg

Last edited:

Andyk

Martin, stop posting....Im on holiday trying to persuade Liz we need your 4200in our life.

Andyk

You've not met Liz have you....Although she seems to be coming around slowely....

sheffield chris

I assume the picture is main dealer rates

I find it very hard to believe it can take 8 solid hours of work to service a car without doing any repairs, with a belt change yes, but a service,really

Looking at that list it doesn't even mention changing the fan belt, it's fluids and plugs, £1678 with 15% VAT, 5 years ago !

View attachment 45049

It does look nice, I'm surprised it's got the fiat parts bin aerial on , I thought it was only the 2002 cars that had that
defo an 04 car
built in January 04 & registered in march 04

Andyk

Some aerials made they way on to later cars. Seen couple on here. Maserati tend to fit what they to hand.

safrane

Have seen a GS with the same antenna...I guess they were using up old body shells with the hole already there...wonder if they are wired up?

Wack61

Believe me Peter, the hole isn't pressed into the panel , when mine was painted Phil asked who'd stuck that on it, when I said maserati he couldn't believe it

The hole looked like it was on a 1970s cortina , drilled then filed out until it was big enough

As mine is an early car I had a vision of it being first off the production line then the manager asking why the radio doesn't work

Luigi give me the aerial off your punto and bring the drill

Andyk

Agree Ewan....Two cars on the forum currently look the pick of the bunch....yours and Martyn's.