Facelifted Ghibli

MrMickS

The only real change is that its now a GranLusso trim. I was hoping for a GranSport as well with the new V8, but it looks like they won't do that so as not to take sales away from the QP GranSport. Shame as I would think that they'd sell a bunch of them. I'd definitely be tempted to swap the V6TT for a V8TT and more power than the Giulia QV.

bigbob

If the registration number is to be believed then the S is being upgraded to the Levante 430PS engine.

MrMickS

There is a page about it on the Maserati website now (http://www.maserati.com/maserati/in...ases-first-images-of-the-new-Ghibli-GranLusso)

This is the bit that worries me...

New active ADAS functionalities are also available in the Ghibli GranLusso, allowing Maserati to enter the world of autonomous driving.

I thought that in the past it had been said that autonomous driving had no part in what Maserati was about, though it could have been said about Alfa Romeo instead. Regardless, what is the point of a Maserati if you let it drive itself?

P R

The text is all wrong anyway, saying the diesel "now" has 271bhp, it was like that from launch..

MrMickS

The text is all wrong anyway, saying the diesel "now" has 271bhp, it was like that from launch..

I thought that was market dependent. Didn't they offer a lower power version of the diesel in some markets for taxation reasons?

P R

I thought that was market dependent. Didn't they offer a lower power version of the diesel in some markets for taxation reasons?

They offer a 250BHP in Italy, but from the article they are saying that the diesel is uprated (or suggesting it is). Still, its Autocar so what can we expect!?

conaero

Forum Owner
Should have just stuck a Strad front end on it and call it a GranSports with the Giulia lump, then you'd be talking!

MrMickS

Looks meh just like the current Ghibli!!!

You need to look harder. I mean, its got more chrome on the grill, and the lights are ever so slightly changed, and its got a new name.

Yeah, ok. It looks pretty much the same as the current one. I reckon you'd only be able to tell the difference if you put the two side by side.

iainw

Should have just stuck a Strad front end on it and call it a GranSports with the Giulia lump, then you'd be talking!

Good call- That would have been worth doing. They should stick the strad front end on all of their range :)
It would need to have more push that the Guilia Engine though as it's far 'fatter!'

Andyk

The transformation is now complete....That ugly grill has made its way on to every model.