Where do I start?

tasnam

Good work Jon and looks like the detailing has been a great success; I am still getting the same level of beading on the car as if it were Day 1 - washes are very simplistic and I use only a "neutral snow-foam" and "GTechniq neutral wash" so as to avoid any of the product being stripped. Comes up a treat everytime.

Is this the brand name? (In quotes above)

JonW

Two months later...

Bilberry wheel cleaner
Valetpro Advanced Snow Foam
Two bucket wash with Chemical Guys Shampoo
P40 Detail Spray

Went from filthy to clean in less than an hour...

A51A15BA-F991-44DB-B3B5-EE226EF1340C.jpg

JonW

Did mine yesterday. Took it out this morning and went from clean to filthy in less than an hour.

Clean to filthy is much more fun... I had a 90 min blast in mine before I cleaned it, and apart from a couple of tail twitches it was great... I think I was feeling over confident in my winter tyres, and twice I accelerated hard off a roundabout only to feel the back end catching up with me.

GeoffCapes

I fitted my Go-Pro to the GT so it needed a proper test.

I'll find some way of uploading it here (or to YouTube). Had a few twitches myself!
Roads were a lot slippier than I expected. The GT makes a lovely noise though.

Lozzer

If you want stuff that is effective and easy to pick up then get the following usually on a 3 for 2 offer at halfords.

Farecla clay mitt. Use with a decent car shampoo like meguires gold class. Half a bucket at double strength as a lubricant. Clean your glass with the mitt first to prep it before you use it on your paintwork.

Farecla G3 wax. Come is a clear box with applicator waffle pad. Easy on and easy off. Good coverage and decent beading.

Final finish meguires ultimate quick detail spray. Its a nano spray and give a high gloss finish after the G3 wax.

Mitt is around £13. Wax kit around £27 and quick detailer spray is around £13. Halfords normally have a 3 for 2 offer cheapest item being free.

Fatecla wax will last around 3 to 6 months on the car depending on outside or inside storage. You can layer it.

If you want a hybrid wax. Something like dodo juice supernatural is hard wearing and give a similar shine to G3. A little more difficult to apply and buff off than G3.

Colonite 845 is a decent wax works well on red and black cars. More difficult to apply and remove but very hsrd wearing. That around £18 a bottle but you have to warm it up in watm water for 10 mins first before you use it. Only do one panel at a time before removing as its difficult to remove if allowed to dry to much.

The ones i have mentioned all give a good finish for the money. You can spend fortunes on waxes it really depends on how far you want to go.

View attachment 45722

Picture above is a black 159ti done in G3 wax and megs ultimate quick detailer to give you an idea.

The one below is a red alfa done the same way.

View attachment 45723
Not bad that Meguires ultimate nano whatsamme stuff is it? as I found out today

#verdemistral #topbeading
995505faad60622ad05b79209b57b9de.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Ebenezer

Lovely beading!
I managed to wash the car to clean off the crud that it picked up last weekend after I had previously washed, "clay mitted", and waxed it.
Then it rained again. But I did manage to give the leather its spring treatment.
Noticed I'm getting build up of crud / brake dust on the alloys which won't wipe off. I'm loath to scrape as I'm not sure how hard it has bonded and don't want to scratch the alloy. Any ideas on how to proceed?
Eb

Contigo

Sponsor
Yes you need Iron X to remove it.

[video=youtube;yeYGzWQ7_r0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeYGzWQ7_r0[/video]

D Walker

As Phil says,
Iron X to decontaminate, clean, clay if required, and then put some wax or wheel sealant on them to stave off sticking brake dust.

azapa

Yes you need Iron X to remove it.

[video=youtube;yeYGzWQ7_r0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeYGzWQ7_r0[/video]

Guys, I bought 5 liters of that purple-turning stinky stuff, the SONAX version. Sonax wheel cleaner plus I think it is called. Cost a fortune. But, half of it is now going free (come and pick it up ;)

Why? Can't be used near Carbon disks for one, and on the BMW we have, I found it causes a lot of corrosion to anything not very well painted, to the point a rear brake disk and pad change was needed way earlier than it should have been. To be honest, some soapy water and a 1" paint brush does as good a job. Maybe the wheel cleaner could be used every 5 washes instead. Any-a-ways, you live and learn. YMMV.

D Walker

image.jpg
Got all the grime and flies off mine from last weekend. Tucked up now as off to Cyprus next week. The guy that owns the storage gave me a ceramic coating kit while I was there so I'll have that to play with when I get back. On one of the other cars, as he has a load of kits he said have a go before you put it on the Maser.
DW

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 43

Saigon

I am a total novice as far as detailing is concerned but thought its time I took the plunge. I have purchased a Poorboys (PB-DA900) dual action polishing machine, some Pinnacle advanced swirl remover and some Pinnacle advanced finishing polish, an initial spend of 200+ pounds. These are specifically for a 25 year old BM 850 which I have owned for ten years and has never had any detailing and has some moderate swirls on the bonnet and body work. Naturally I also want to perform some detailing on the Maserati as well now that I have the polishing machine. The Maserati paintwork is in excellent condition and no swirls, but it deserves some attention. First of all, I assume I should not put the swirl remover anywhere near the Maserati due to the existing good condition of the paintwork, but is it OK to use the Advanced finishing polish as this is not particularly harsh and should bring up a nice shine. Additionally what is the general opinion regarding Maguiars ultimate fast finish, seems too easy to be true. Any advice re above or suggestions re polishing & waxing would be most appreciated.