Page 650 of 650 FirstFirst ... 150550600640648649650
Results 6,491 to 6,492 of 6492

Thread: Maseratis - Spotted

Had a chat with a bloke who had a white diesel Ghibli outside M&S in Moortown in Leeds on Sunday evening.

He bought it for his wife about 4 months ago and a few of his mates had QP VIs. He wasn't smitten and said one of his pals described Maserati ownership as the difference between a ball point pen and a fountain pen. The ball point does what you want all the time - you pick it up, it writes - whereas the fountain pen smudges, you get ink on your fingers, the odd blot but overall its just nicer! Thought that was a great analogy.
    David

Blu sofisticato Granturismo Sport Auto
    Audi TTS - less than sensible daily driver but it's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Doohickey View Post
    Maserati ownership as the difference between a ball point pen and a fountain pen. The ball point does what you want all the time - you pick it up, it writes - whereas the fountain pen smudges, you get ink on your fingers, the odd blot but overall its just nicer! Thought that was a great analogy.
    I love fountain pens and can't write properly (comfortably, legibly or elegantly) with ball points. The latter require the application of pressure to the page whereas with a real pen my hands glides. I think this analogy still holds well to driving a Maserati!
    Stevie

Current:
    "Myfanwy" 2006 GS Spyder LE - winner of all the Maserati as the car most desirable to drive home (2017 Maserati Concours)
    "Lottie" - 2001 Saab 93 Cab (rather different under the skin thanks to Abbott Motorsport)
    "Alison" - 2006 Ford Focus 5dr ST3

Past:
    "Ilaria Amedea" - 2002 Spyder CC
    1995 Nissan Micra 5dr 1.0