Ghibli wood trim removal

rgallina25

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and am looking for some help. I have a 2015 ghibli sq4 that has the wood grain package. As I'm not a huge fan of the wood grain, I've began wrapping the door trim in 3m carbon fiber vinyl. All I have left is the center console, and would like to remove it to make wrapping it easier. Does anyone know how to do this? Thank you in advance, and my apologies if this is covered somewhere. I've done a few basic google searches and haven't come up with anything on the ghibli.

safrane

Welcome.

Not aware of anyone else doing this so you may be the first esp here on the UK.

Maserati Life in the US may be of help.

Good luck and tell us how you get on...with a photo or two.

must go faster

I ended up having to remove this yesterday and struggled finding any guides. Therefore here’s a brief guide to help anyone else who may want to do this in the future.

1. Prize out the cover on the gearstick shaft to expose the bolt (Allan key head)66399
  2. Remove bolt and pull off gearstick knob.66400
    index.php
  3. Prize the panel (I started at the front) upwards. You have to pull the side cover off slightly to ensure you don’t damage the leather or centre console.6640366405
  4. Continue along the panel easing it up.66406
  5. Tilt panel to one side and start removing the wiring connections.66404
  6. Panel can now be removed from car. All component parts are just screwed in from underneath.
  7. Refit is reverse procedure. Make sure the centre console storage button is fully to the rear of the car and clip the panel in from the rear, working forward.
Now with pictures!!

Hopefully this will serve as at least a starter for ten for anyone thinking of doing this.

Cheers

Chris

Attachments

• FFBFF4A9-B1C7-4B22-96C2-DEEC3F8FF236.jpeg
    FFBFF4A9-B1C7-4B22-96C2-DEEC3F8FF236.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
Last edited: