2011 Gran Cabrio Soft Top Problem

groundzerotony

Hi I am New here ,I was wondering if someone can help . My gt has a problem with the soft top, it seems that sometimes the up and down button works and sometimes it does not. however when I use my key in the door lock it will open and close the top . the bad news is i get a message rooftop not operating. and I get warning beeps. , can it be a sensor , and if so where are they located on my car. any help will be greatly appreciated

Wack61

Hi Tony, welcome , you've found the best maserati forum on the internet

The first port of call with any maserati is the battery , if it's the original and 6 years old it may start the car but strange electrical issues may start happening as the electronics are very voltage sensitive.

If it's a new battery i'm sure somebody with more technical expertise will be along shortly

conaero

Forum Owner
Morning Tony. If the battery is newish disconnect it for an hour then reconnect and see if that fixed it.

GranturismoDreamer

If you do end up getting a new battery, buy a good one, you do get what you pay for and if the electronics are as sensitive as is mentioned, then there will be a few posts i'm sure, about which battery types/makes are best and which to avoid.

You wont see massive warranties on batteries anymore, gone are the days of the high end bosch lifetime warranties, because they were unrealistic and un-maintainable, if you've had 6+ years out of it, and the car hasn't been pampered it's entire life, then yeah, you might want to consider a new one