Hi

GranturismoDreamer

Just saying, hi, came here as i'm tentatively considering a Granturismo, and found i could add some info to someone elses thread surprisingly! so figured should say hi

will be mainly lurking and looking around for info, not sure yet whether i will take the plunge or not, as i'll need to use the car all year round, albeit not for many miles, but that could get costly in servicing and associated bills, fuel doesn't bother me too much as i'm already driving something that does 22mpg avg !

Don't like the sounds of the MC shift stuff, and the sat nav sounds as bad as my current mercedes one, so will be searching that info out !

JonW

Welcome - this is a great place to ask questions and to work out what would work for you.

I have a 2012 Granturismo Auto which has been my daily driver for the last 10 months...they are lovely cars to be in, and shouldn't cost much more than a high powered Mercedes to maintain (if that's your current car)... the sat nav however is average at best!

GranturismoDreamer

thanks for the replies.

My Merc is knocking on a bit now (2005 C350 Coupe) and starting to eat money for consumable parts, suspension bushes brakes etc, although it's basic service costs are more than acceptable/reasonable, as the mileage i do equates to a 2 yearly service schedule! but where i live love their potholes and speed bumps, hence the resent work, which is another odd consideration i must take into account.
My current satnav is woeful, for those in the know it's an NTG2 can't enter anything past 4 digit postcodes, and most of the time i find myself using my phone and google maps ! so would like to avoid that scenario again if at all possible, so if the stock unit is that bad, i might be tempted by an aftermarket one. Compared to my old mans Citroen unit of the same era (RT3) the merc one is practically prehistoric!

I think, from what i've read, the basic Auto would fit with my needs best, the MC would be too aggressive for my style and requirements. Not sure the budget will stretch to as new as 2012 ot to the S model (is there that much difference between the 4.2 and 4.7 ?) other than skyhook being standard (still not sure about that anyway)

outrun

The nav is not that bad, I've had far worse in other cars. However, many of us just use Waze on our phones which is so good that it renders in-built nav pointless. Add an intravee bluetooth gadget and you have bluetooth streaming too, including of the Waze directions.

These are great cars and very special indeed. Get one now. Or forever wonder why you didn't live your life! :)