Low mileage QPV 4.7

rockits

Every-time I contacted these guys about a car they never got back to me so I wouldn't buy a car from them now myself. Also read some things I wasn't happy with.

It has rusty nuts and even the wheels haven't been properly cleaned. Possibly needs new front discs. Not sure why you would do a close up pic of the rusty nuts and I would change the centre caps for new ones. ALl these little things help to seel the car or at least stop someone finding a reason not to buy it. I guess most guess half prep the car for retail sale then do any further works as part of the final deal.

The 4.7 S is a funny one as doesn't look right tome. Needs to be a GTS or don't bother I think. It makes the facelift look less attractive in that model. I think the original QP V looks better and I'm starting to like the facelift less I think.

Nice to see they went to town and bought some decent tyres ;)

MarkMas

Chief pedant
Nice.

Although around 1,000 miles per year seems a bit low to me - pity it wasn't used more - or maybe it was sitting in storage for a few years....

Must be one of the very first facelifted QPVs.

bigbob

It's been for sale for 12 months, just got new images.

Yep, QPVs seem to take their time especially when QPVI diesels are now in the thirties. Most of us take a view of the difference - shape, engine, hand built in Modena etc - but many won't.

Wack61

Every-time I contacted these guys about a car they never got back to me so I wouldn't buy a car from them now myself.

Perhaps they read your posts on here about you being skint all the time :D

I was going to put those tyres on my MX5 until I read a better review on some Yokahama's, they get really well reviewed

I was wondering how a company could sit on a 30k depreciating asset for so long until I saw they have about 2m worth of stock

rockits

Only on a stocking loan with loan rates being fairly low. Some stuff is probably on SOR as well. If you have enough margin it makes sense to sit on it for a while to achieve a good price.

Generally though most prefer quick turnover meaning less risk to losing money especially on a QP.

There are lots of indirect costs to having lots of stock though so they must have massive margins, be selling lots of cars or not doing very well. One must be true.

bigbob

You lot are a hard bunch. It's a nine year old car, want a perfect car then buy a new car or pay £?k more elsewhere for a top dog used one.

redsonnylee

Every-time I contacted these guys about a car they never got back to me so I wouldn't buy a car from them now myself. Also read some things I wasn't happy with.

It has rusty nuts and even the wheels haven't been properly cleaned. Possibly needs new front discs. Not sure why you would do a close up pic of the rusty nuts and I would change the centre caps for new ones. ALl these little things help to seel the car or at least stop someone finding a reason not to buy it. I guess most guess half prep the car for retail sale then do any further works as part of the final deal.

The 4.7 S is a funny one as doesn't look right tome. Needs to be a GTS or don't bother I think. It makes the facelift look less attractive in that model. I think the original QP V looks better and I'm starting to like the facelift less I think.

I've been to visit this dealer and found them, very impolite so I'll not be going back.

rockits

Doesn't look as though it has a locking nut to me although one looks worse than the others agreed. The others are still not great. Even a quick rub down and spray over to sell would give a good short term look to sell the car. Obviously I wouldn't condone such short term sales techniques.

I don't think we are being harsh as you are paying £2k+ more often than not more to buy a car retail from a dealer forecourt. I would want the car to have a good detail for that at least. It is not a super cheap car so would at least expect it to be prep'd better or as good as it could be. A car with 10k miles wouldn't have much wear as it not far off a new car.

Rwc13

Great looking QP4.7S. So much better looking in facelift form. But I would say that as I have one!!

And I think I could deal with some rusty wheel nuts to own such a great looking low mileage example. No wonder so many people on here spend so much time talking about buying cars but not actually buying them if they can't see past such minor details.

Ewan

Needs a bag of cement in the boot - it looks jacked up at the back. Nice - but would I pay £10k plus my QP GTS to get in to this car? Not in a million years.

rockits

Great looking QP4.7S. So much better looking in facelift form. But I would say that as I have one!!

And I think I could deal with some rusty wheel nuts to own such a great looking low mileage example. No wonder so many people on here spend so much time talking about buying cars but not actually buying them if they can't see past such minor details.
I don't think buying cars is one of my problems!

rockits

Never knew that....I stand corrected.

I thought they were budget or bottom half. Not a household name or premium brand though are they?