Thinking about this GT

CatmanV2

photo1jpg.jpg

You not had it today then?

Sadly not. Looks good

C

outrun

What year does the clear front light clusters come in Athol? I think it looks so much better without the orange.
Still think black Strads are the best looking cars on the road.

All Stradales have clear lights, the 2 seaters have fully clear where the 4 seaters have the same cluster but with some trendy looking Maserati script inside too. I think it was the 2012 facelift to the Sport cars that gained clear lights on the "normal" GT. I know that some, Adam for example, have had a small piece of tinting material applied to the orange sections to soften the impact, this is a much more cost effective solution than new cluster which are crazy expensive. I do know of a company that can fully customise lights though and I suspect they could do a nice job on the orange sections for far less than new lights.

Bob - no comment

D Walker

Thought about it quite seriously but decided on an F11 BMW 530d M Sport Touring which I have to say is epic. I have 2 young kids and a puppy and require the ability to carry bikes, child seats and the like. I went for a 2011 car from Sytner as it seemed to have reached the bottom of it's depreciation curve. It's very different from my Mini!
I tried to justify a QP daily but even my man maths calculator couldn't compute it. I couldn't find a 530d for less than £14k (and that was north of 100k miles) and paid £16.5 for a one owner, main dealer car with warranty etc and 45k miles. I'm really very pleased with it indeed. If you know my name, you should get the plate.

View attachment 45370

You got a great deal there - I cant fond anything close really....looking at these and 535 - how is the mpg?

outrun

Upper 30s depending on whether I drive it or the wife does!

I'm fine with that given the power.

Couldn't find a 535d for less than £20k ish and it wasn't worth the extra, they're both quick etc etc. If there was 1k in it, I'd have bought a 535 but for 4k.

jamesbilluk

Hi Guys,

Deposit all out down on a GT, found it half an hour away from me via a private seller, 27600 miles on the clock,
Mayelloc blaxk with red leather, £27500, the interior looks in great condition, and the paint. The last service was by Migliore, I game them a bell and went through what the car had done which all checked out. Collection on Wednesday hopefully :)

IMG_1317.jpg

IMG_1315.jpg

IMG_1318.jpg

jamesbilluk

Thanks Keano :) First private sale I've done, and form eBay.. All seems to check out though.

Thanks again for help with the Maroon Gt as well.

safrane

Really pleased for you.

Those early 4.2s offer so much value for money and far better than a leggy 4.7 (and its ££££ clutch).

Wishing you plenty of smiles per miles.

jamesbilluk

Many thanks, can't wait for the pick up day!

Really impressed with the quality of the car, lovely heavy doors, and the interior was beautifully finished, I would say better than the Porsche.

A new exhaust system may be on the shopping list at some point!

Contigo

Sponsor
May? It's a necessity on any Maser! :D

Enjoy it mate and one day you might want to experience the more hardcore GTS MC-S.....

jamesbilluk

Already started looking at various exhausts! :)

I probably will be changing to the 4.7 at some point as well knowing me!

jamesbilluk

Hi all,

Just got back from collecting the car, Thrilled with it! the chap even put a tank of fuel in too which was nice!

Looking forward to getting to know the car.

jamesbilluk

Really pleased, just need to sort one of the sticky heater control buttons, seems t one the soft touch material causing it.. The material also seems to attract dust!

outrun

Nice one, welcome to the madness. You'll quickly discover that these cars are excellent and much loved.

jamesbilluk

Been out today in it, Cant believe how good it sounds, a bit more attention than I'm used to as well compared with the Boxster, people seem to like it though.