Bianco Fuji GS

Gp79

Has anyone actually had airbags renewed at the 10 years manufacturers recommended advice ?
I have only done them in accident damage or if faulty.
There must be millions out there well past there sell by date.

I remember an old fifth gear where they crashed an old motor (10-15yrs) to test the air bags and they all worked fine.

So long as no warning light then happy days!

Woody

I believe this was Naserati UKs car and one that I enquired about when I bought my GS. I was very keen to get a BF GS and this was the only one the owner was prepared to part with.

It want heavily used (I think 25k or so, at the time) and he was asking more than I thought it was worth. When speaking about the history, it didn't sound like it was as full as if have liked. Dem on here out me in touch with the owner (thanks Dem!).

FWIW, given the rarity and that it was the press car, I think it would be a nice car to have long term, assuming it's an honest car. Buy it right, get all the bits looked at and savour a very rare coloured GS.

Andyk

That would make sense Woody being a press car with that combo as not seen another that is identical to the launch colours.

Ewan

Agreed. Even if it needs some work now to bring it back to full glory, this could be done over a year or two and it could still make a good long term ownership vehicle. Especially if it was the Maserati GB press car. My MC-V was not perfect when I bought it, but it is now, so I really don't see the problem with buying a car that needs a few jobs done. I've not seen another GS come up for sale in BF for about 3 years, so if this colour appeals, what choice do you have? After a bit of negotiation someone could get a unique car at a good price, and a few years from now, be sitting pretty.

BuckRog64

This is the original ad, still on carandclassic without the updated service history (i.e. just the 2007, '9, '10 and '16 services).

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C811977

May well be that the seller has located evidence of further annual services, but think I'd want to verify them with the servicing garage for complete peace of mind.

Navcorr

Thanks for that. I'm very interested in it. It's the ideal Gransport in my eyes.

Posted this the last time it was discussed.

The agency is based in Hertford - certainly sounds like the same car they had for sale last summer. I think it was up at about £32K-ish then. I tried to arrange a test drive - several times in fact but nothing came of it. They were pleasant enough on the phone but arrangements were altered, cancelled, etc..

Presumably you'd want to view/test drive, etc - if you get that far with them and need a place to crash for a few days you'd be welcome. We all speak Scottish :)
Spending a fair bit of time in the South at present - the next town along from Hertford in fact. Maybe other possible alternatives nearby?? Perhaps Harlow? Can't speak for Catman though - besides he's a miserable sod anyway :biggrin:

safrane

Have a chat with Richard Grace; he was offered the ex Malborough car and may still have full details.

Woody

Agreed. Even if it needs some work now to bring it back to full glory, this could be done over a year or two and it could still make a good long term ownership vehicle. Especially if it was the Maserati GB press car. My MC-V was not perfect when I bought it, but it is now, so I really don't see the problem with buying a car that needs a few jobs done. I've not seen another GS come up for sale in BF for about 3 years, so if this colour appeals, what choice do you have? After a bit of negotiation someone could get a unique car at a good price, and a few years from now, be sitting pretty.

There's been a couple for sake in the past 12 months, this and an ex Carr's car, which from memory was a 55 plate.

The others, I believe, are 'keepers' but may be wrong. The 07 plate is the one I'd dearly love.