Brave Pills QPV? Sterling Cars

Contigo

Sponsor
This outfit are close to me. Sterling Cars and boy do they get a bad wrap online from buyers. I know Beau has used them before but that isn't always a recommendation! :D

Known online for Shill bidding some of these cars get bid up within 5 minutes of listing like 10 bids which is clearly not right.

Close to me I like the fact that you can win the bid, view it and then decide no if something isn't right.

Anyone want to take the brave pills and try this lovely matte Black QPV? :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/04-MASERA...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

s-l500.jpg

2004 MASERATI QUATTROPORTE 4.2 V8

FABULOUS SPEC, LEATHER & SAT

NAV, E.SEATS, CLIMATE ETC

A very nice looking thing with a fabulous spec and options, this is a fabulous spec, Maserati Quattrorte. These are fabulous to drive, very very quick, a fantastic touring car! Lovely spec as im am sure you can image! 5 services in the history with mot!

beau

Honestly they are not bad people, but you gotta realise it's just cars straight from auction, they have had nothing done to them, usually scratched, dented, panels falling off, mouldy food in the boot, water in the footwell where windows left open, etc etc, difference being you can actually check the cars out where as at the auction you can't

So yes you bid, you win, you go there and can check over it as much as you want, no pressure to buy what so ever

I bought an alfa Brera fine and rejected a BMW m3 they had

ChrisQP09

Reads like they have included every possible 'get out' clause in the ad!

I would only buy this from the outfit if you have had or know people with positive experiences of them.

maverick

AVOID !!!! I have looked at several cars and there have been all dogs . But you could get lucky ish . It would have to be "we buy any car.com money"

If you want to buy cars from auction, I imagine you'd be better off using the services of Chris at Flipping Cars. Or similar. Not used him myself, but spoken to him a few times and a very genuine guy I thought. He seems to get the job done, with no fuss.

dgmx5

Well at least it explains how the same QP came to be 'sold' 3 times by these guys.

Contigo

Sponsor
That's because they win the bid most of the times and/or people turn up and don't have to accept the car.

I'm tempted to buy a runabout from them or at least win the bid and then see it.

rockits

Missed a decent looking E55K 7 seater Estate they had that ended last night for a smidge over 9k. Good buy if decent.

rockits

You might be right. Do you think they just broker a deal & get a cut of sale price? Can't see that they take stock, have stocking loan or deal with all issues.

Makes sense to do auction only deal, no come back no hassle & market pays what it thinks job done. If they can make 250-500 quid a car & turnover enough they are doing alright for not doing too much.

BuckRog64

It appears these guys are refreshingly honest traders. Buyer is told to expect car to have faults and can simply walk away if not happy after a test drive. I guess these BCA cars are mostly not of retail quality and/or have been put through BCA because they have known faults that are possibly not cheap to rectify.

If you are adept at car inspections and handy with a spanner no doubt there are bargains to be had. Or why not pop along to BCA when they have some cars of interest and cut out the middle man?

Contigo

Sponsor
Most car auctions I've been to i've witness traders buying cars at over inflated prices! Not many bargains to be had. I think a lot of shill bidding goes on with these. I always get the feeling that they have a set price and if it doesn't make it they shill bid at the last minute so they can then relist it and hope it gets to the target price.

Wack61

I bought a car from Bca it was ok but not a bargain by the time they'd added their fees on, the major problem is when you buy a catalogue , anyone with a bca account gets one printed on white paper , joe public gets a fluorescent yellow one that might as well have a flashing light on

I watched a trader add £1000 to somebody's car when it went over what he was prepared to pay , even throwing the last bid in as he walked out of the hall knowing the guy would still buy it

I'd never do it again

There is much more than meets the eye going on with this crowd.
Shill bidding to inflate prices is just one practice.
Vehicles that don't look as though they'll provide enough margin will suddenly disappear, with a variety of excuses.
Like 'faulty' and whatever other get outs eBay allows sellers to use to withdraw items. The same item will often appear the next day in a fresh auction. There's a lot more going on, that I forget.
I took a look at how they operate after nearly buying from them last year and reading several threads on forums detailing buyer experiences.
They are well known to local police and trading standards. However, I've been told that even if a complaint is made to police or trading standards, proving a case is likely to be problematic and unlikely to be prioritised. Because there's no injury to persons and it would require significant time and resources to investigate and unravel the eBay system. Local CID just aren't interested.

outrun

Probably not worth bothering then. There will always be another car, another day from another place.