Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Gransport 20995

Quote Originally Posted by rockits View Post
    QP then......perfect sports tourer
    Would only go 4.7 tho'
    In between Maserati's!!!!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by D Walker View Post
    Beg to differ, of the 7 on PH at least 5 have been more than a month.
    Of the 7, there are 6, as one is advertised at Nuvola (they had it 4 weeks) still even though the car is at Quirks. Quirks have had it two weeks. Two at Supercar Rooms have been for sale at least 12 months as they were advertised elsewhere first. Gravelwood’s a week, mine two weeks, and the white one two years. We have sold ten Gransports this year and the longest to sell was 8 weeks.
    Maserati sourcing and sales

Quote Originally Posted by dickygrace View Post
    Prices for good cars have been consistent for about 10 years. The last couple of years has seen small increases. The only inconsistencies in prices are when someone is trying to shift a bad car and prices it too high; or a high miles good car for too much money. Roughly speaking, prices of inspected full leather cars in good colour combos with full history and warranty are as follows:

Sub 20k Miles >£40k
    Circa 30k miles £35k
    Circa 40k miles £32k
    Circa 50k miles £30k
    Circa 60k miles £27k
    Circa 75k miles £24k

Cars with tech cloth are usually around £2-3k cheaper. Poor Cars requiring work; anything down to about £17k which is the cheapest I’ve ever heard of a GS selling for. That’s why I disagree with £12995. These prices will always differ a little depending on clutch, service due etc.

I think the other element which people don't appreciate but would greatly improve their appeal/market size is the practicality of the car's. It's one of the main reasons I'm in a GS and use it as a daily.

I'd had a 3200 years ago so knew that the back seats could be used by actual human beings and the boot is decent. What rival offers that? I looked at the V8 Vantage, DB9, 456 GT, SL AMG, XKR before settling on a GS because for me they either couldn't accommodate the kids or couldn't realistically be used everyday. Assuming a coupe bodyshell was a given and I wanted some practical exotica the GS sat (sits?) in a class of one....
    05 Gransport - black and cream

Quote Originally Posted by dickygrace View Post
    Of the 7, there are 6, as one is advertised at Nuvola (they had it 4 weeks) still even though the car is at Quirks. Quirks have had it two weeks. Two at Supercar Rooms have been for sale at least 12 months as they were advertised elsewhere first. Gravelwood’s a week, mine two weeks, and the white one two years. We have sold ten Gransports this year and the longest to sell was 8 weeks.
    I'm stuck in a time warp then.
    In between Maserati's!!!!

Dave

I bought my car because it ticked all the boxes for me, it's rare and subtle too. I would feel like a T**T driving around in a bright orange Lambo with loads of people pointing and looking at me. I am not an attention seeker!! I just appreciate pretty cars!!
    Past Italian Cars

Fiat Uno Turbo (mk1) Red
    Fiat Barchetta (mk 1) Red
    Alfa Romeo 75 (T-Spark LE) Met Black
    Alfa Romeo 156 ( 2000) Silver
    Lancia Montecarlo Coupe (mk 1) Champagne Gold
    Lancia Montecarlo Spyder (mk1) Red

Quote Originally Posted by b9boy View Post
    I think the other element which people don't appreciate but would greatly improve their appeal/market size is the practicality of the car's. It's one of the main reasons I'm in a GS and use it as a daily.

I'd had a 3200 years ago so knew that the back seats could be used by actual human beings and the boot is decent. What rival offers that? I looked at the V8 Vantage, DB9, 456 GT, SL AMG, XKR before settling on a GS because for me they either couldn't accommodate the kids or couldn't realistically be used everyday. Assuming a coupe bodyshell was a given and I wanted some practical exotica the GS sat (sits?) in a class of one....
    Same for me

That’s the case for many buyers, a proper 4 seater coupe which isn’t ugly like a Panamera or Rapide; or huge like a Granturismo. It amazes me that no other manufacturers can replicate this. Porsche 911’s, Jag XK’s etc have rear seats that even a 4 year old can’t sit in in comfort unless the driver is 5’7”.
    Maserati sourcing and sales

I had an XK8 the boot is huge because jaguar owners play golf aparentely, even when the kids were small they moaned if we went anywhere in it plus I was squashed against the wheel so they could both get in
    Current way of spending far too much money
    2002 Maserati 4200 Classico
    2006 MX5 2.0 Sport BBR 200
    2015 Mercedes B Class 220cdi Sport Premium 4Matic
    2011 Transit 3.5t dropside pickup

Having usable rear seats was a consideration when I was looking at my options a few years ago. Coming from an Evo 8 MR and a 335i it surprised me how much practicality was compromised on some of my options. I nearly bought a 966 Anniversary Edition but after seeing it I realized it wasn't practical for family days out. The Jag XK8 was pretty much the same story and I was also underwhelmed at the performance on offer.

I was running out of options and had never even considered a Maserati but stumbled across the Evo review of the GS. Initially I was very unsure about it, surely the running costs would be too high or the car too fragile. But the more I read up on them the more I saw that the GS, whilst having some big bills possible, was no more unreliable or costly to run than any other car of its kind. In fact, buy a good one and keep on top of the issues as they arise and it could actually not put a massive dent in the savings!

While the Porsche and Jag were common sights on UK roads, the Mas was a rare spot. I watch a few more videos on Youtube, read some more reviews and was sold on getting one. Haven't regretted that decision once three years down the line. The car still impresses me with its grip and poise in sweeping corners, puts a massive grin on my face when I hear the engine singing and its lost none of its sense of occasion when I get behind the wheel. I don't think there is another car for the money I would prefer and I find it surprising that prices are not more in line with other exotic cars.

If you are intending to use it and enjoy it then even with 75k miles on it if this car checks out what else can you buy for 20k which is better? Depreciation at that price will still be all but non existent.

Two reasons why I will buy a Maserati if/when the right one for me comes along. 1. The four seats, which make it a usable car for family trips rather than just a Sunday blast car. 2. They have soul, which only the Italians manage to build into their cars (imo). Can't think of anything else for similar money that ticks these two boxes.
    Pete

Past Italian: '99 Alfa GTV 3.0, '96 Ferrari F355 Spyder.
    Near future: GranSport or GTS.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast