Gransport 20995

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
Beg to differ, of the 7 on PH at least 5 have been more than a month.

Of the 7, there are 6, as one is advertised at Nuvola (they had it 4 weeks) still even though the car is at Quirks. Quirks have had it two weeks. Two at Supercar Rooms have been for sale at least 12 months as they were advertised elsewhere first. Gravelwood's a week, mine two weeks, and the white one two years. We have sold ten Gransports this year and the longest to sell was 8 weeks.

b9boy

Prices for good cars have been consistent for about 10 years. The last couple of years has seen small increases. The only inconsistencies in prices are when someone is trying to shift a bad car and prices it too high; or a high miles good car for too much money. Roughly speaking, prices of inspected full leather cars in good colour combos with full history and warranty are as follows:

Sub 20k Miles >£40k
Circa 30k miles £35k
Circa 40k miles £32k
Circa 50k miles £30k
Circa 60k miles £27k
Circa 75k miles £24k

Cars with tech cloth are usually around £2-3k cheaper. Poor Cars requiring work; anything down to about £17k which is the cheapest I’ve ever heard of a GS selling for. That’s why I disagree with £12995. These prices will always differ a little depending on clutch, service due etc.

I think the other element which people don't appreciate but would greatly improve their appeal/market size is the practicality of the car's. It's one of the main reasons I'm in a GS and use it as a daily.

I'd had a 3200 years ago so knew that the back seats could be used by actual human beings and the boot is decent. What rival offers that? I looked at the V8 Vantage, DB9, 456 GT, SL AMG, XKR before settling on a GS because for me they either couldn't accommodate the kids or couldn't realistically be used everyday. Assuming a coupe bodyshell was a given and I wanted some practical exotica the GS sat (sits?) in a class of one....

D Walker

Of the 7, there are 6, as one is advertised at Nuvola (they had it 4 weeks) still even though the car is at Quirks. Quirks have had it two weeks. Two at Supercar Rooms have been for sale at least 12 months as they were advertised elsewhere first. Gravelwood’s a week, mine two weeks, and the white one two years. We have sold ten Gransports this year and the longest to sell was 8 weeks.
I'm stuck in a time warp then.

Vampyrebat

I bought my car because it ticked all the boxes for me, it's rare and subtle too. I would feel like a T**T driving around in a bright orange Lambo with loads of people pointing and looking at me. I am not an attention seeker!! I just appreciate pretty cars!!

hashluck

I think the other element which people don't appreciate but would greatly improve their appeal/market size is the practicality of the car's. It's one of the main reasons I'm in a GS and use it as a daily.

I'd had a 3200 years ago so knew that the back seats could be used by actual human beings and the boot is decent. What rival offers that? I looked at the V8 Vantage, DB9, 456 GT, SL AMG, XKR before settling on a GS because for me they either couldn't accommodate the kids or couldn't realistically be used everyday. Assuming a coupe bodyshell was a given and I wanted some practical exotica the GS sat (sits?) in a class of one....

Same for me

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
That’s the case for many buyers, a proper 4 seater coupe which isn’t ugly like a Panamera or Rapide; or huge like a Granturismo. It amazes me that no other manufacturers can replicate this. Porsche 911’s, Jag XK’s etc have rear seats that even a 4 year old can’t sit in in comfort unless the driver is 5’7”.

Wack61

I had an XK8 the boot is huge because jaguar owners play golf aparentely, even when the kids were small they moaned if we went anywhere in it plus I was squashed against the wheel so they could both get in

jayblue

Having usable rear seats was a consideration when I was looking at my options a few years ago. Coming from an Evo 8 MR and a 335i it surprised me how much practicality was compromised on some of my options. I nearly bought a 966 Anniversary Edition but after seeing it I realized it wasn't practical for family days out. The Jag XK8 was pretty much the same story and I was also underwhelmed at the performance on offer.

I was running out of options and had never even considered a Maserati but stumbled across the Evo review of the GS. Initially I was very unsure about it, surely the running costs would be too high or the car too fragile. But the more I read up on them the more I saw that the GS, whilst having some big bills possible, was no more unreliable or costly to run than any other car of its kind. In fact, buy a good one and keep on top of the issues as they arise and it could actually not put a massive dent in the savings!

While the Porsche and Jag were common sights on UK roads, the Mas was a rare spot. I watch a few more videos on Youtube, read some more reviews and was sold on getting one. Haven't regretted that decision once three years down the line. The car still impresses me with its grip and poise in sweeping corners, puts a massive grin on my face when I hear the engine singing and its lost none of its sense of occasion when I get behind the wheel. I don't think there is another car for the money I would prefer and I find it surprising that prices are not more in line with other exotic cars.

If you are intending to use it and enjoy it then even with 75k miles on it if this car checks out what else can you buy for 20k which is better? Depreciation at that price will still be all but non existent.

BuckRog64

Two reasons why I will buy a Maserati if/when the right one for me comes along. 1. The four seats, which make it a usable car for family trips rather than just a Sunday blast car. 2. They have soul, which only the Italians manage to build into their cars (imo). Can't think of anything else for similar money that ticks these two boxes.

steve3200

It's a bit of a long story and I'm conscious I don't want to deflect anyone else's interest in the car but the seller is an 'interesting' chap.

I must have bought 200 cars over the years (we all have the diseSe it's just about how badly it bites us ;). ) but this guy and his set up takes the biscuit. It's a hurdle for sure.

If we focus on the car only though it's surprisingly tidy. Good Paint, good wheels, good interior. Stamped up history book. Invoices for clutch, wishbones, brakes, heater matrix etc (on his phone only...). Half worn contis.

Bad bits (as far as I can tell):
- stone chips to nose, some very deep but not bad for mileage at all
- drivers seat doesn't work properly. Judders on all movements
- drivers heated seat doesn't work
- stereo is popping really loudly even though volume is off. Sounds like amp is trying to eat itself
- bootlid leading edge is rusty
- spirit and windmirror housings are rusty
- cats started rattling loudly when warm. He practically sprinted to turn the car off when this happened

Overall the car is very tidy though. Biggest issues (IMO) are the knackered cats (IMHO) and the seller
Who I struggle with. I could expand on this but I won't in a open forum.

I might still make him an offer but my enthusiasm for a bargain has waned somewhat which is annoying given the effort to get to 'middle earth' today.

I feel the need to reply to b9boy's comments, in particular his derogatory comment that "he practically sprinted to turn the car off when this happened", i actually turned it off to stop us both getting gassed as he was running the engine in my enclosed unit, i told him this at the time, also the rattle (which i did not hear) would if anything be from the linings of the exhaust manifold, not the cats, also his comment about having to travel to "middle earth" set the tone for his attitude, (Cardiff is not middle earth)

Andyk

Yes that looks a lovely example....Jst a question...it really gets on my arris when people put +5 owners....Why is this....Just tell me how many owners..........

b9boy

I feel the need to reply to b9boy's comments, in particular his derogatory comment that "he practically sprinted to turn the car off when this happened", i actually turned it off to stop us both getting gassed as he was running the engine in my enclosed unit, i told him this at the time, also the rattle (which i did not hear) would if anything be from the linings of the exhaust manifold, not the cats, also his comment about having to travel to "middle earth" set the tone for his attitude, (Cardiff is not middle earth)

Hi Steve
I've tried to be as fair as I think I can, and haven't 'dived into the car' but still you feel the need to suggest I had something of an attitude? Quite the opposite especially given you kept me waiting outside the industrial estate for 20 minutes whilst you ran 'errands'. It's OK, I'd only been driving for 4 hours so what's another 20 minutes hey?

It's clear to anyone who actually reads my post that if I wanted to put a downer on the car I could have - ****, I even defended it when someone called it a project car for christs sake.

I'm not here to help you do your job but as a seller of (relatively expensive) cars you really could look at how the whole thing works from a buyers perspective. As someone who oversees a team who sell over £100 million quid worth of kit every year I know how important it is to make it easy for people to spend Money. Happyto share some constructive thoughts by private message if you'd like because I know others have strugggled with similar experiences and despite you now trying to have a pop at me I will help you if I can and you want the assistance?

Ps the doors were open to the unit so we weren't getting gassed and maybe, just maybe you could have offered to take the car outside rather than turning it off seconds after I pointed out the noise?

Pss I don't think anyone really thought the car was in Narnia....?

With best intentions
b9boy

Ewan

Dave - for pity's sake BUY THAT GS! We've all being reading your posts for years, and every time a blue car comes up you have a perfectly plausible reason not to buy it. But surely, this time....

Or, don't tell me, red is the new blue?:)

JonW

Dave - for pity's sake BUY THAT GS! We've all being reading your posts for years, and every time a blue car comes up you have a perfectly plausible reason not to buy it. But surely, this time....

Or, don't tell me, red is the new blue?:)

Alternatively Dave, give me £45k ish for my GTS, and I'll buy it...!

D Walker

It's exactly this reason why I stopped posting / commenting on cars. I'll spend my own "hard earned" money in my own time without any help. Plenty of people on here will spend everyone's money willy nilly. I've sent an email with a request for details. I will proceed as I see fit. Im not over fussed with interior, oh dear an excuse not to buy it, perhaps I should Subside to be a lurker instead of an active member.
Dave

JonW

It's exactly this reason why I stopped posting / commenting on cars. I'll spend my own "hard earned" money in my own time without any help. Plenty of people on here will spend everyone's money willy nilly. I've sent an email with a request for details. I will proceed as I see fit. Im not over fussed with interior, oh dear an excuse not to buy it, perhaps I should Subside to be a lurker instead of an active member.
Dave

Sorry Dave, just teasing!

CatmanV2

Dave

<like>

C