Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: VW golf 2.0 GT fSI for sale £1600

Quote Originally Posted by philw696 View Post
    Was banking on you getting a HF Fulvia Andy
    That hasn't changed, but I doubt I will have the funds for an HF. I have been discussing this one with the owner but he has gone quiet over the last few days HSCC Fulvia
    Andy

Current Fleet

1982 Alfa Romeo Giulietta 2.0, 1991 Alfa Romeo SZ,1996 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
    1999 Maserati QP IV
    2009 Range Rover Supercharged
    1983 Raleigh Tuff Burner

Quote Originally Posted by Andyk View Post
    What not a great drivers car anymore...Surely still is ? Yes have read that the GTS is a a belter of a drive.
    They are nice looking Andy and I have heard good things about them. I still think they have been stingy on the BHP. Only 340 when even the new Merc A Class AMG is now over 400. Those are looking tempting as a fun daily with 4 reasonable seats. Still working on the Wife who I know likes the Cayman..
    His: Evoke (not for much longer)
    Hers: BMW X3
    Past:
    Ferrari California 30
    Maserati GTS MC Shift
    BMW 330D Cab
    Porsche Boxster S

Goes in for a service today! Used the wife's Audi A1 this morning and it was just the same on mpg and it's not as comfortable. I can't seem to find a decent position where as the golf is like being in dads old comfy arm chair.

The alfa 166 was in for MOT yesterday. Passed with flying colours. Bangernomics at its best.

Few little faults.
    OSR Caliper seized - £135 fitted - I dont think so..
    New Ignition Switch - £101 - doesn't turn off when turn key off - Engine runs until pull key out - If is not an MOT fail then I will leave it.
    Fault with EGR system - Fuel consumption seems okay at 38ish mpg so I wont be getting that looked at - Not when I've seen the exorbitant amounts on the internet..

So as bangernomics go - not bad at all for a 12yr old car...

Surprised about the calipar Dave does it feel sized ? Ignition switch I thought was strange but just thought it was a vw golf thing , ha ha . How’s it going apart from that ?
    Porsche Cayman 3.4s
    Maserati 4200 cc 2002( sold)
    I feel the need for speed......

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Surprised about the calipar Dave does it feel sized ? Ignition switch I thought was strange but just thought it was a vw golf thing , ha ha . How’s it going apart from that ?
    No problems John - I will have a look at the caliper, can get a new one for £35,will see if I can free it first tho, ignition I am not bothered about, it wont fail MOT for it,
    Rest all good, I only want 2 years out of it, done 3000 miles all ready and its like a comfy arm chair to drive. Get it in 6th and just cruise at 70 for my 70 mile round trip.
    I'm happy with it so no worries, 12 year old and a brake caliper I can sort, VASTECH do give them a proper going over.
    Dave

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789