NEW Website

conaero

Forum Owner
After over 7 years, the Vbulletin platform that powers SM is creaking at the seams. It has to deal with the 7.9GB database and frankly it cant handle it. Also, Spam has gone up lately as the software has ceased development.

We are now in rebuild and moving to XenForo2 which is in advanced beta with full release due shortly so we have decided to get on and develop.

So, from our members, can you feel free to comment and make suggestions on funciotnalitoly and improvements.

We know the website is not responsive on tablets and phones and that TapaTalk is rubbish and these are the areas, along with the classifieds that we will concentrating on.

safrane

Make it a little more personal by using forum photos of us, our cars and events rather than just Maseratis own branding?

iainw

After over 7 years, the Vbulletin platform that powers SM is creaking at the seams. It has to deal with the 7.9GB database and frankly it cant handle it. Also, Spam has gone up lately as the software has ceased development.

We are now in rebuild and moving to XenForo2 which is in advanced beta with full release due shortly so we have decided to get on and develop.

So, from our members, can you feel free to comment and make suggestions on funciotnalitoly and improvements.

We know the website is not responsive on tablets and phones and that TapaTalk is rubbish and these are the areas, along with the classifieds that we will concentrating on.

This is the only forum I have continued to use, I think the members are the functionality is pretty good and simple to use.
I have only positive comments.

Jkulin

It would be cool if we could add likes and emotives to posts, often can't be bothered to post but would like to acknowledge that the post is helpful or whatever.

JonW

It would be cool if we could add likes and emotives to posts, often can't be bothered to post but would like to acknowledge that the post is helpful or whatever.

I agree with this, and if there was a Like button would have pressed it!

I'm a member on one of the Mini forums, and they have this functionality which works well.

jayblue

I agree with this, and if there was a Like button would have pressed it!

I'm a member on one of the Mini forums, and they have this functionality which works well.

I would also appreciate this feature.

conaero

Forum Owner
One other thing you probably are not aware of is many of the senior members all converse via WhatsApp as frankly you couldn't post the text and images on here.

It got me thinking to see if there is a way we could have WhatsApp groups that spool the content onto the forum thus upping the posting.

It is something I will investigate.

spkennyuk

One other thing you probably are not aware of is many of the senior members all converse via WhatsApp as frankly you couldn't post the text and images on here.

It got me thinking to see if there is a way we could have WhatsApp groups that spool the content onto the forum thus upping the posting.

It is something I will investigate.

The net nanny would have to work overtime with some of the whatsapp content being spooled up to the forum site ! :laugh:

The photo sharing ease on whatsapp is great post event and trips. As a forum we dont often share as many pictures on the main forum as we could.

You could give members whatsapp contact options in their contact page / PM section.

The simple like button suggested for posts is a good idea too.

Contigo

Sponsor
It needs a triple XXX rating for sure. The Le Mans what's app thread is base! You know it's bad when MAF leaves :D

Moz1000

Hi Mattt
I've mentioned it before but I'd like a 'go to the top of the page' button like Ebay has.
Thx and good luck with the new site.
Moz

montravia

This is the only forum I have continued to use, I think the members are the functionality is pretty good and simple to use.
I have only positive comments.

Same here, Iain.

One thing that strikes me is the wealth of knowledge embedded here. We do see familiar things come up, which prompts me to think that some structured repository of items might be useful. The recent failure of ABS, MSP, 'take car to dealer' thread is exemplar. I think we may have articles on here, but never really managed to navigate them. Something simple, title, with explanation, which anyone can add to or edit.