Mmm why?? :(

ofenomeno99

One question, one word... why?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...ke=MASERATI&price-to=45000&radius=1500&page=5

I mean... Chrome blue wrap? Hood and roof wrapped black, GT Sport front bumper with a missing front spoiler, MC Stradale side panels, blacked out Maserati logos, fake Maserati stickers on old style headlights, Blue/red/black interior, presumably fake carbon stickers on the interior panels and best of all this description on the advert: "9. Modified exhaust so it sounds louder but not over the top, I hate it when exhaust is so loud that it becoms annoying in a long run so this one is suttle but very nice... hence the words annoying and subtle spelled suttle".

It does make me chuckle, when I see someone, almost certainly with no background in art or design, believe that they can improve on the life time experience of Pinin Farina et al.

azapa

An acquired taste for sure, but don't crush the guy o gal for it. It looks pretty cool and well done. He might be a future formum member, or maybe the next owner might.

Navcorr

Each to their own agreed. There must've been a point though where he woke up screaming at night thinking "what have I done". Thankfully he didn't go the whole hog and fit a set of Carlos Fandango super wide wheels:)

Corranga

This appeared on my eBay main page as a suggested auction the other day. I clicked on it to see how bad the chrome wrap looked, but for me, the interior really takes it to the max - and presumably that's something that someone spec'd at the factory and not aftermarket - wow! :O

WLJayne

It does make me chuckle, when I see someone, almost certainly with no background in art or design, believe that they can improve on the life time experience of Pinin Farina et al.

My thoughts too. My background is art and design, and I would probably not touch a thing on these cars unless it was a very subtle change like an exhaust or newer model alloys etc. Everything is the way it is for a reason, and I certainly don't have the skill to do better than Pininfarina or Giugario etc.

Some of the older cars are bound to end up with owners who have absolutely no good taste. I mean, that's fine, it's their car, but I won't pay the going rate for it and neither will many others I daresay.