Christian Lewis Performance Cars - Open Day - 28th October

Zep

Christian and Edd at Christian Lewis Performance Cars have invited the forum to their open day to mark the completion of their move to new premises in Bedford.

Everyone is welcome, they will lay on some bubbles and they will have put to 200 cars in attendance. This will include Astons including the original DBS from the Persuaders (for those old enough to remember) plus lots of Ferraris and Masers (hopefully the McMerc SLR 722S that is in there at the moment) and whatever we all lamp up in.

There will be tours of their new workshop facilities and showrooms.

The address is: 274 Ampthill Rd, Bedford MK42 9QJ

The open day begins at 10.30 and finished late afternoon, depending on the weather we could also fit in a spirited drive along the B660 which is just north of Bedford.

If you want to attend stick your name down below:

1. Zep
2. Matt

iainw

I would love to come- will check the diary and see if I am off. My brother lives in bedford so a good excuse to visit!

Zep

257e8f9516938472ed59b507bc6b237d.jpeg
Obvs a slow burning thread... here is the invite...

Zep

We could park the cars up there and go to Bedford for an interesting night out!

conaero

Forum Owner
I’ll be coming.

Ed at Christian Lewis is going to become a new Forum sponsor shortly.

Up for a lash up too, Zep, can I bagsy your spare bed/sofa?

G

Guest 1678

Zep - I will be back from Dubai. Could do with talking sh**e about cars after a week with the family.

So count me in.

Mr S

Il come along, as its close to me, plus need to chat to CL about my rear bumper.

MrPea

I'll be there, hopefully with a friend or two. I won't be having much in the way of booze as I intend to be driving - unless we come in the Mustang. Could well be up for a bit of nosh afterwards if things work that way. It'll be a good last weekend in the Maser before she goes into hibernation at the end of the month.

Ed sat me in the SLR722S and showed me under its carbon bonnet. It's not my cup of tea, but it's certainly a special motor. However, the best thing at CL is just how many AM Vanquishes they have in one place. Nom!

What sort of times are you guys thinking of heading there? I'm thinking of leaving at around noon, so there by 1:30ish.

Zep

I'll be there, hopefully with a friend or two. I won't be having much in the way of booze as I intend to be driving - unless we come in the Mustang. Could well be up for a bit of nosh afterwards if things work that way. It'll be a good last weekend in the Maser before she goes into hibernation at the end of the month.

Ed sat me in the SLR722S and showed me under its carbon bonnet. It's not my cup of tea, but it's certainly a special motor. However, the best thing at CL is just how many AM Vanquishes they have in one place. Nom!

What sort of times are you guys thinking of heading there? I'm thinking of leaving at around noon, so there by 1:30ish.

I was talking to Christian the other day, apparently they have about 10% of total Vanquish production under one roof. I will probably be there a bit earlier than you, they have laid on catering (although I don't know to what standard) so food might not be required...

Mr S

Providing i can get the passenger seat sorted, il aim to be there late morning/lunch time. Hopefully picking up a new seat motor on Wednesday

Mr S

Hi guys, and gals, sorry i couldnt stay too long, but was a great event, and nice to atleast say hi and introduce myself to some members. Some lovely cars at CL, and was great to have a walk around and see various things and chat to a few people. Hope to see everyone again, and meet some new owners.

conaero

Forum Owner
Hi guys, and gals, sorry i couldnt stay too long, but was a great event, and nice to atleast say hi and introduce myself to some members. Some lovely cars at CL, and was great to have a walk around and see various things and chat to a few people. Hope to see everyone again, and meet some new owners.

Good to meet you too fella. It was a great day and Zep, Rob and I stayed till the end.

Rob was starting to get touchy feely with the women so we got him out of there.

Spent ages talking to Ed, such a lovely guy. Extremely knowledgable about our cars and as a bonus Christian Lewis have agreed to become a Forum sponsor which is great news.

Mr S

Must admit, the young lady that was meeting and greeting people was very nice, did Rob atlas find out if she was single?

As it was my first 'meet' as such, was certainly good to atleast see a couple of other GS's, and would have liked to have had a chat with Ed, but Iv discussed about them sorting out my rear bumper, and they have said they will do it for me FOC, as they were the last people to look at it. So I thought id get a chance at some point to have a chat with them and hopefully get the car up on the ramps to look under it. Conaero, I'm assuming that was your white Strad that was parked up, was very nice indeed.
Was certainly a very nice couple of hour's and was made to feel welcome by all, so hats off to CL, as well as the other people attending.

Zep

Must admit, the young lady that was meeting and greeting people was very nice, did Rob atlas find out if she was single?

Single and slightly nervous! :lol2:

Great to meet you buddy - you have a really nice car there.

Mr S

Thanks Zep, still a way to go yet before im really happy with it, but itl get there, love driving it, so much character.
As for the young lady, sounds like there is a window of opportunity. Lol

MrCoop

Ahhh, the passenger seat motor...I had had the same problem and Ed spent a good half day getting the motor out, cleaning/re-soldering and then getting it working again. Guess these things will eventually end up needing to be replaced again.

MrCoop

Man I miss that car! When are you going to arrange a meet up so that I can see/hear the car again.