Today I was asked...........

bigbob

My comment will have to wait as they have some really *really* crappy wifi here, and some serious DNS issues. Like I can resolve SM, but not Google.....

C

...and my inability to copy this as a photo rather than web address.

Scaf

Almost all comments have been positive and fromnall age groups - the request to “Rev it ! “ spans all age groups too.

Most common comment though is “ don't you need a front number plate?†or “where is you front number plate? “

Wattie

I was very confused in France in the 4200 once. Someone stopped on the roundabout to look at the car......

C
I've an explanation for that......the driver heard the exhaust bangs, parps, crackles and pops.

Clearly he thought it was gunfire and being French got out to surrender :thumb1:

Cheers Wattie

I've an explanation for that......the driver heard the exhaust bangs, parps, crackles and pops.

Clearly he thought it was gunfire and being French got out to surrender :thumb1:

Cheers Wattie

Reminds me of the old joke. Notice. French rifles for sale. Never fired. Only dropped once.

MrPea

Clearly he thought it was gunfire

I've had that. I sometimes instruct off-road activities and one of the vehicles we have are those Polaris mud-buggies. Epic machines, but they can really get some loud backfire. A group of inner-London black lads had come along as guests and all spontaneously dropped to the ground thinking it was a gang shooting about to kick off.

D Walker

Cheers Wattie

Haha,
2 months ago we were having dinner in a rather swanky country house near Berwick, and I heard a "gentleman" - you know the type - upper class Scots announce to his dinner guests,

"Bloody French, they had more casualties in the last world cup than they had in the war"

I thought of Benny and started chuckling...got the look from SWMBO...

MarkMas

Chief pedant
A couple of 'ladies' in Tesco's car park muttered 'p3nis enlargement' as I passed them........

There was a 1980 TV series called 'Chancer' where the two enemies met - Piers was driving a very flash car. Steve said "You must have an extremely small p*nis to need a car like that." And Piers drawled in response "Stephen, if you have a car like this, you don't really need a p*nis."

Navcorr

There was a 1980 TV series called 'Chancer' where the two enemies met - Piers was driving a very flash car. Steve said "You must have an extremely small p*nis to need a car like that." And Piers drawled in response "Stephen, if you have a car like this, you don't really need a p*nis."

Used to enjoy that - good cast. Leslie Phillips particularly. " Poppet"

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member

Priceless! I'll remember that. Thank you. :smile:

GeoffCapes

Didn't it have Clive Owen as the main character?

I remember the very attractive you lady in it. Susannah Harker!