Cabin Heat - Stradale

azapa

Is it just me or does the cabin get really warm in a Stradale (maybe a GTS too, not driven one long enough)? In about 20 or 30 mins its too hot to be there on a average spring day without the AC on.

I know the engine is stuffed quite far back. But does that strad loose some heat and sound deadening too? There is none under the bonnet, for example.

CLRut

Not getting this in my Strad after a lot of journeys of anywhere between 20 mins and 3 hrs; I usually have the temp set at around 18.5-20c though and not necessarily with AC on. I wouldn't be surprised it if gets more toasty in urban driving of any duration though.

Ewan

Not in the UK. Well, maybe a handful of days a year does one need the AC. (Mine is a GTS, not a Strad, but I can't see that making a difference).

Quite different in my 400i - that's like a greenhouse. Even on a mild day, if the sun is out, it's too hot without him the AC on.

conaero

Forum Owner
Not noticed it much here in the UK if I am honest but when left in the sun in a scorching Le Mans this year the cabin was hot hot hot but guess that’s a black interior for you!

Glad you mentioned no sound deadening, no bonnet weather seal either I’ve noticed too?

azapa

Well something is a bit strange. We are still in a very cold spring, and I can't drive without AC on. FYI its too dusty and grubby here to leave windows down too long. Well, that, and the car-jacking...

conaero

Forum Owner
Is your ac pump ok and blowing cold? Mine went at 21k miles, they don’t last very long. Mine was making a rumbling noise when engaged and it fell foul of the usual front bearing wearing out the nose casting?

azapa

When i put the ac on it works fine, and no funny noises - not that I'd hear them over the crackling xpipe anyway...

The problem is that i need the ac on for most longer journeys, despite cool outside temperature 16 to 20c.

sofasurfer

Is your ac pump ok and blowing cold? Mine went at 21k miles, they don’t last very long. Mine was making a rumbling noise when engaged and it fell foul of the usual front bearing wearing out the nose casting?

Out of interest how much did that cost to repair?

AaronE

The problem is that i need the ac on for most longer journeys, despite cool outside temperature 16 to 20c.
agreed – my A/C died and you're right, even when it's 60°F outside, the vents must blow 80°F.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Out of interest how much did that cost to repair?

When mine packed up (front bearing and around 40k miles, if I remember correctly) I got a recon unit from Compressor Express in Hungary. I seem to remember it was about £400 compared to Eurospares on back order at over £900 plus the VAT. Works a treat.

conaero

Forum Owner
Got OEM one from Marios for £600 and got my local village garage to fit it as my lift was not working at the time. He charged me £100 and that included fitting the Larini H pipe.

There is a guy in Latvia I found that was doing pattern ones for £400 delivered but I just needed it done and he was out of stock.

I would not usually use pattern parts for a car like this but as the OEM one is so shite, I would have if time aloud....it couldn't be any worse could it?