Pre-Purchase Inspection of a Gransport

dgmx5

Hi

I am looking at a GS in South Wales and would welcome recommendations for a PPI. The seller (business) does not have a ramp and I am hoping he will agree to have the car transported for inspection.

FTech will inspect on site but cost is obviously quite a bit higher including travel. Can also do an engine compression test for more.

Emblem will not travel.

Dick Lovett (Swindon) is a 2 hour inspection for £216 + vat.

No response as yet to calls to Bob Houghton (Northleach).

Migliore are very reluctant to travel but have inspected cars for this seller before so I hope that he would agree to transport to there.

No response as yet from Motorline Maserati (Cardiff).

Any thoughts on those listed above?

TIA

Contigo

Sponsor
I'd go with ftech or Dick Lovett if it were me. Ftech would be the better option as they see more of that era cars than the like of DL who whilst good aren't as experienced or familiar with the GS.

iainw

Hi

I am looking at a GS in South Wales and would welcome recommendations for a PPI. The seller (business) does not have a ramp and I am hoping he will agree to have the car transported for inspection.

FTech will inspect on site but cost is obviously quite a bit higher including travel. Can also do an engine compression test for more.

Emblem will not travel.

Dick Lovett (Swindon) is a 2 hour inspection for £216 + vat.

No response as yet to calls to Bob Houghton (Northleach).

Migliore are very reluctant to travel but have inspected cars for this seller before so I hope that he would agree to transport to there.

No response as yet from Motorline Maserati (Cardiff).

Any thoughts on those listed above?

TIA

Forget motorline cardiff- I agree with Phil. FTech have great reviews and would be more au fait with that era. You wouldn't want to compete for attention with La Ferraris and TDFs at Dick lovetts.

flexwing

This wouldn't be the infamous GS mentioned in another thread would it? Absolutely do not use Cardiff Maserati. I used them a while ago to look at a 4200 and they missed everything!! I actually got my money back.

jayblue

I use Migliore to service my GS. Vic and Kev certainly know their way around these cars and I would trust them to do a PPI.

Andyk

Yes Cardiff not hot a god reputation on older Maserati....It doesn't feel like they know the product.

safrane

Another vote for F-Tech and they do have a covered transporter now.

If you time it right they may already be in the area with the trailer (like my collect/return at the end of the month)

Ewan

Use F-Tech. Their rate for collecting/delivering cars is very reasonable also.

dgmx5

This wouldn't be the infamous GS mentioned in another thread would it? Absolutely do not use Cardiff Maserati. I used them a while ago to look at a 4200 and they missed everything!! I actually got my money back.

Yes, it would. Would prefer Ftech given b9boy's observations but issues with getting the car on a ramp and that travel expenses would be more than the PPI itself at Dick Lovett.

iainw

I got to know their 'master tech' quite well when I took my GTS into them. he was open and honest he recently worked with Toyota and the Maseratis were new to him. He proudly said how much he called head office for advice.
Great bloke, but they havent got the skill set to deal with maseratis. Their sales team were awful too.

dgmx5

Did you buy the 4200? Not off Steve (seller of the GS) was it?

dgmx5

Another vote for F-Tech and they do have a covered transporter now.

If you time it right they may already be in the area with the trailer (like my collect/return at the end of the month)

Hi safrane, I will PM you.