Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3200 GT red key

The original owner of my year 2000 3200GT has refused to hand over the red key despite a court order to do so. I have a red card with a number code.

My question is: I have the opportunity to acquire a red key from a wrecked car,can that key be programmed by an electronic key expert using the code on the red card ?

I don't think so.

Why on earth won't they give up the red key? My understanding is he can take your car with it

C
    The Catman formerly known as an Alfisti.
    '07 Maserati GT (Grigio Palladio), 147 TS, Sprint 1.7

Also you need the original red key to program "blank" new black keys to work with your car.

The red card is only for the alarm (makes noise when doors opened without beeing disarmed) . But the red key includes a transponder to autenticate with the ECUs anti-theft system (engine doenst start when not the right key is used). The code for that is on a grey card so you need a grey card and the code form there as well to be complete and to do the alternative start procedure if needed.

Other cars red key has differnt transponder code, so you would need to swap red key/ECU /door locks from the wrecked car and reprogram the black keys.

Potentially there is help here

I've never heard the likes. If you have a court order and previous owner ignoring it, go back to court
    Greg
    only my view, not a rule!

daily drive - Gina the alfa jTDM GT smoker 2005.
    weekend drive - 3200 GTA 2000. Verde Mexico Metallizzato, green leather, green alacantera, green carpets, too much spec (and green lol) to mention . aka MARCI, "la Dea Verde" .

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I've never heard the likes. If you have a court order and previous owner ignoring it, go back to court
    Yep. There must be some enforcement. I think the only other option would be a complete replacement of ECU's for alarm and CODE and new locks all round. So I guess you could be getting the bailiffs in to pay for it

C
    The Catman formerly known as an Alfisti.
    '07 Maserati GT (Grigio Palladio), 147 TS, Sprint 1.7

SportsMaserati.com Moderator Contigo's Avatar
    It's not a dealer is it?
    Phil

"Una Maserati č una roba per pochi"

Current Fleet: 4.7 GTS MC Shift with Larini Sports Cats and ASBO H-pipe , 3200GTA, Mk1 Golf GTI 1.8 , Eunos Roadster, Audi A3 TQS Track (Tracy) Toy.
    Past Masters: 3200GT, Quattroporte DS, BMW E61 M5, Audi RS4 B5 Avant, Audi RS4 B7 , Lotus Elise S1, Celica GT-4, Eunos V-spec, Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000, Peugeot 205 GTI 1.6.

if you can find a company that can reprogram the immobiliser you can replace the keys and erase the original red-key from the system. This would render the red key useless. unfortunately the company in wales that did this for me, do not do this any more i don't think. But its possible, and i thought some one recently had found another company that could do it in the UK? You have to get the new keys from Maserati and you cannot buy another RED key, but you can program a new black key to do everything the RED key does, I have a black red key :-).
    This company in New Zealand seem to be able to sort it out http://www.fixmyimmo.co.nz/index.php...biliser_repair there must be some one in Europe who can do it too?
    Current - 3200 GTA, Yeti, V8 Land cruiser,
    Previous cars - TVR Chimeara 4.5HO, TVR S2, 5.0l Mustang, Jag XJ, racing Hillman Imp.

Why would anyone refuse to hand over a red key? Is there a sordid tale?
    60/75

Why wouldn't someone hand over the red key, what is his logic?
    Andy

Current Fleet

1982 Alfa Romeo Giulietta 2.0, 1991 Alfa Romeo SZ,1996 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
    1999 Maserati QP IV
    2009 Range Rover Supercharged
    1983 Raleigh Tuff Burner

did you offer them any money for the red key? if i was in your position i would have offered them about Ģ100 for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast