Temporary Insurance - Provider recomendations?

Hi Guys

Picking up a Biturbo Spyder in Manchester tomorrow and ringing around to arrange temporary cover of a day or two.
Just enough time to drive the car back and put it in storage.

I've searched here, but the only thread I could find was a few years old and didn't mention any companies by name.

I've already requested quotes on a couple of the comparison websites and called my own insurers but they wouldn't quote me. Possibly the N.I. address.

Have you looked for temporary quotes recently and if they seemed reasonable, please let me know which companies,
either here or by message.

Thanks guys!

Lozzer

I looked at doing this a couple of years ago, and came to the conclusion it was less hassle and cost to insure for a full year through a mainstream insurer, then cancel it when I got sorted.

Oh yeh. Forgot about the distance selling cooling off period :) Nice one gents.
Turns out the insurer for my Jeep will quote me, so calling them later.
Hopefully I'm sorted for now.

On the subject of multi car insurance. I've read some threads and will be trying Classic Line, Admiral and Flux, as well as Hastings (my Jeep insurer)
before month end, when I know how many cars I'll end up with and the specifics. Does anyone have any other recommendations, for multi car insurance?
I'm buying a new daily driver and the other cars will be stored and do minimal miles (couple of thousand I'd guess) annually. The daily driver will do minimal
miles too, as I'm only commuting a short distance.

Thanks again guys!

allandwf

I used Admiral for four cars, worked out quite cheap initially, but at renewal time takes a hike. That said, they did pay out when required, so I suppose you don't really know until you require it.

Wack61

Just don't go over the 14 days if you definitely want the refund , 2 months in to a new policy I SORN the 4200 , went to cancel and they wanted to keep £205 of the £500 premium, £100 a month !

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Just don't go over the 14 days if you definitely want the refund , 2 months in to a new policy I SORN the 4200 , went to cancel and they wanted to keep £205 of the £500 premium, £100 a month !

Bit risky having no insurance over the winter when on sorn!

Wack61

It's in a locked garage, alarmed with a disklock on so I was prepared to risk it if it was a pro rata refund but I've left it insured as it'd be daft not to when they've already charged me 40% with 10 months to go