gearbox activation hydraulics power unit

nico

]hi
can anyone throw some light on this topic.
I have just had to remove the gearbox activation hydraulics power unit from my QTP 2006 F1 as there was a leak from the pipe which connects the power unit to the activation unit which was a complete pain as most of it was done from underneath the car until I realised I could remove the boot. Once the pipe was replaced the problems started all my fault although I identified the correct pipes to the unit I didn't realise that the unions had different apertures 3 with larger the same size and 3 with smaller again all the same size so which goes were the larger on the power unit side or actuator side I didn't realise this was done until I had a problem trying to start the car after topping up the transmission oil and returned to the unit and worked my way through draining and undoing all the unions amongst electrical checks such all electric connections in place and secure.

Deciding it wasn't the electric I drained the gearbox thinking an air lock and loss of pressure could be the problem no success and know now why as I was trying to bleed the system via the activation unit and hoping the priming pump would sort so that is yet to be done correctly from the gearbox with a vac .

I forgot to mention that I had ignition but no fire up once the key was turned further which prior to removal of the unit was fine, the battery was not disconnected prior to the unit being removed has this caused a computer default? Finally when bleeding the activation unit whilst using the priming pump by opening the door the dash display would display neutral until the bleed screw was tightened up.

So as you can see I am in a dilemma and would appreciate any genuine advice/help please