AV Engineering Sells Youtuber a 360

I live in London and don't have a garage so I put my GS into storage over the winter.

And is it dry storage with 24 hr security, electrical point to hook up a trickle charger and they start the car to warm up every 6 weeks or so and gently move it fore and aft to avoid a flat spot on the tyres? And you need to give them 24h notice when you want to take it out for a spin? And its guaranteed free of vermin (happened to a Porsche owner - the storage place was near a farm and mice chewed up all his wiring). And of course when the storage location is a different postcode from home, notifying the insurer is mandatory and they may raise the premium? I looked in to it and it can be a real dogs dinner to find somewhere at an affordable rent that's secure that the insurance company is happy with and where a trickle charger can be hooked up to the car.

m1980k

And is it dry storage with 24 hr security, electrical point to hook up a trickle charger and they start the car to warm up every 6 weeks or so and gently move it fore and aft to avoid a flat spot on the tyres? And you need to give them 24h notice when you want to take it out for a spin? And its guaranteed free of vermin (happened to a Porsche owner - the storage place was near a farm and mice chewed up all his wiring). And of course when the storage location is a different postcode from home, notifying the insurer is mandatory and they may raise the premium? I looked in to it and it can be a real dogs dinner to find somewhere at an affordable rent that's secure that the insurance company is happy with and where a trickle charger can be hooked up to the car.

Yes on all counts apart from vermin - I didn't ask about that! Transported on a covered trailer, connected to a trickle charger, taken out for a drive every few weeks. They also got it MOT'd for me.

rockits

Yes on all counts apart from vermin - I didn't ask about that! Transported on a covered trailer, connected to a trickle charger, taken out for a drive every few weeks. They also got it MOT'd for me.
How much do they charge for this out of interest?

iainw

Currently the Maser is in the garage. And either my E Class is on the drive or the missus ML. Then whatever isn't goes opposite our house.
I suggested that I could buy another car and keep it in storage apart from when I were to use it.

That's when the car buying ban came into effect. :(

I'm not allowed to buy any more cars until we have a bigger house to keep them.

Sorry Mark - that was meant for the earlier poster. I wasn't telling you what to do with your cars :p
I have to say - I am with your wife on this one. You have enough nice cars now! Put the money you would spend on another one into an italian upgrade on the GTS (when desired) - ? Strad, F or L.
Surely the way forwards for us all is the buy smaller houses with bigger drives and garages for our cars :D

CatmanV2

£25 + VAT a month for basic storage and £35 to have it on a charger, started up each month etc. But transport to and from them is extra.

That seems very cheap. I was paying more than that for a garage, and more than that even for a container!

C

D Walker

That is cheap, closest to me is £100 a month connected to a trickle charger, free use of pressure washer and access at anytime, but out of hours with a courtesy call.