Track Day. Should I?

allandwf

Do it, I had a one to one instructor track day, really showed what the car could do, and not.. A great learning day out.

LDM 3200

I suspect your car would struggle round Lydden but if you justgo for the fun / experience and given it being local it is probably worth a visit. It's like a minature Brands in many ways. The tarmac is not the best and a bit tough on tyres although some was redone over the summer.

The CTCRC were there this year and the MSA are keen to get some events back there.

philw696

Love Track Days and have done them in most of my cars too.
Where else can you really experience a spin and get away with it as on the public highway it would most likely be an accident.
I actually got quite good at spinning on forum days before anyone else posts it.
Great fun in anything from a Honda Civic to a Ferrari 360.

MrMickS

Do it mate, despite being heavy and big the GTS has always impressed me on track. Even Llandow being a small and twisty circuit it made it round there pretty well and had the smaller stull like Elise's on the straights. Where else can you learn what the car can do properly these days without losing your license or killing someone.

The only other thing to consider is noise levels, you won't want to drive the car out of SPORT mode on track as the traction will really hold you back, if you open the valves you are into 120dB territory and they will black flag you!!!!

Don't get goaded into a race, this is where it all ends in tears, if someone is faster than you then indicate and let them past at the next safest opportunity.

Obligatory pimping of the video of Phil driving around Llandow https://youtu.be/VZf-ddVN4uE

Pete-r

If you're a keen driver you really should get on track no matter what the car is or how experienced you are. Just pick an event where you feel comfortable. And get some tuition it's the fastest way to improve.

Good video of Phil at Llandow, looking at about 52-54s laps which are very respectable for a GT car.

Biggest difference in weight is seen in the braking, I'm braking much later in my car but the acceleration is pretty similar.

[video]https://youtu.be/mZFy24o8hR4[/video]

FWIW, I would echo all of the positive encouragement here. Especially about getting some tuition.
For two reasons. It's tremendous fun. The skills you learn will make you a better, safer driver.