Oil pressure sensor failure?

Music failure yes

As for the oil sender, mine started to jiggle before it failed. Could go soon, could stay jiggly for a while.

Does it go to 4.5 - 5bar when the engine is under load or with revs on is the main thing you need to worry about.

andy15

ine wobbled more than that, but looks decidedly plausible

C
Sometimes it does wobble a bit more and then is better again. Before the oil change it was right on the limit of red light, so I had the light on/off when was hot.
Thanks

Maserati 3200 GT

andy15

Music failure yes

As for the oil sender, mine started to jiggle before it failed. Could go soon, could stay jiggly for a while.

Does it go to 4.5 - 5bar when the engine is under load or with revs on is the main thing you need to worry about.
When reving, the pressure goes up. When diving it stays at 5bar all the time.

Maserati 3200 GT

andy15

Surely that's a pre-start check isn't it? ;)

C
It's automatic, so the chances for the endflot going are a bit less. Anyway how can I check that without taking the engine apart or gearbox out?

Maserati 3200 GT

allandwf

It's measured at the front pulley. No need to pull anything apart. Any reasonable garage should be able to check it for you.

Mott The Hoople

It looks as if your car has done 118,000. Whether this is miles or Kms endfloat is unlikely to be be a problem. This tends to go nearer the 25,000 mile mark.

andy15

That's a good news. I will get it checked anyway when will have a chance.

Maserati 3200 GT

Kookaburra

So far as I'm aware, there is no end float issue on the 4200CC, so maybe I need to get oil pressure sensor replaced if my pressure gauge is dropping suddenly and wobbling around?

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Hey hope life is treating you well over the other side of the hill....apart from a wobbly oil pressure gauge that is!