How to remover a shower screen glued to the wall?

rockits

Isn't that just a fancy holder for a Stanley blade? I think I can use my hand for £3.50

Navcorr

Ahhhaaa! Yes but no! Save your fingers from the risk of self-harm, also mine have a nice rubber handle...

Aaaah no but yes :) Hold the blade and risk cutting fingers to shreds.
Buy some plasters and Ibuprofen to dull the pain - that's atleast a £1.87 saving.
Got to be worth it :D

midlifecrisis

Aaaah no but yes :) Hold the blade and risk cutting fingers to shreds.
Buy some plasters and Ibuprofen to dull the pain - that's atleast a £1.87 saving.
Got to be worth it :D

You push that past my wife... Head of Health and Safety at McLaren Applied Technologies. I keep on telling her, Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 only applies to the work place...then I get to give her a good listening too....

Ebenezer

Well Who'd have though a humble cry for help would merit three pages?

So what worked?
It wasn't the chisel which only succeeded in cracking a tile (as predeicted by one of our learned members), No solvent I had to hand seemed to make any difference.
So it was down to a saw blade hammered through with a rubber mallet and the cheese wire. (and alot of effing and blinding). I have a scraper thing so that got rid of the residue.

However I have left a few marks on the tiles where I got a bit carried away sawing back and forth with the wire. I had hoped that these would rub off but either the rubber thing I bought from Chas Olsen is not the write sort of rubber....or it ain't coming off.. What would Newton do? :)

Thanks again all
Eb

rockits

Well Who'd have though a humble cry for help would merit three pages?

So what worked?
It wasn't the chisel which only succeeded in cracking a tile (as predeicted by one of our learned members), No solvent I had to hand seemed to make any difference.
So it was down to a saw blade hammered through with a rubber mallet and the cheese wire. (and alot of effing and blinding). I have a scraper thing so that got rid of the residue.

However I have left a few marks on the tiles where I got a bit carried away sawing back and forth with the wire. I had hoped that these would rub off but either the rubber thing I bought from Chas Olsen is not the write sort of rubber....or it ain't coming off.. What would Newton do? :)

Thanks again all
Eb
Nice work Eb. You can paint tiles if they are damaged and a fairly uniform colour/pattern. Or if damaged have you any spares to replace it/them with?

Easy enough to get a damaged one off & replaced with a spare new one or two. Or you could take one out whole from an area not seen or behind something & do a swap. Although they are harder to get off undamaged & in one piece. I have done it and had a nice attachment to my Dremel that worked well but it wasn't that easier to take a time off without breaking it.

Porcelain tiles would be easier to get off without breaking but a cheap thin Ceramic tile might be a struggle. I've also done that once as well.

Ebenezer

Any tips for erasing some metal marks left by the steel wire on the tiles? I'd hoped that plumbers eraser would do the job. Are there different sorts?

New shower screen arrives on Friday.

Eb