The great British educashun...

2b1ask1

Special case
So a round of drinks at the Letchworth Hall Mercury tonight was £24.20 and running out of change I gave the bar maid (who had already cocked up just about every aspect of the order in turn) two £20 notes an a 20p coin, hesitantly she went to the till and put in the tendered amount and presents me with £15 in change... Erm excuse me I said, I should have £16 change? She then calls the steward over (who had bailed her previous mistakes already) he asks me what I gave her, goes to the till and checks the order, can't figure it either and whips his phone out, three times he puts it into his phones calculator before agreeing it should have been £16 change.

How bad is the education system that 20p causes such confusion? Sod the remoaners we are screwed regardless my friends...

dem maser

That’s sad and funny at the same time.....

Funny that they can’t work it out and sad that they can’t work it out....sign of the times

allandwf

You shouldn't have been helpful, it's the 20p that caused confusion. They will be like darts players, she would have known the change from 40.

midlifecrisis

So many times I've given the pence as well as too many pounds and have caused confusion. When my parents bought a shop and I worked in there aged 8 or something* it was one of the first lessons in retail** why adults of all ages get confused is beyond me.

(*We lived above the shop so I stacked shelves for pocket money and counted up at the end of the day, it was good education- reading brand names and arithmetic)
(**other than calculating the retail price from the wholsalers price factoring VAT and our profit margin, more education - buy low sell high),

Wack61

Did she have big boobs, if yes,who cares if she can't add up. :D

When my wife was 18 she told me she worked in a pub, this would have been around 1980 when tills were just buttons, she can't add up at all so admitted to me she just guessed when somebody ordered a round, it did cause a problem when somebody ordered the same round and got a different price, but big boobs

midlifecrisis

How do you expect a man to remember the price of the previous round if there's big boobs on display...especially 18 years old ones, probably up by her earholes...:thumb3:

Wack61

At my local the landlord has his head screwed on , female bar staff are all lookers, one likes the attention, she's about 22-23 always in tight clothes , last Halloween she wore a skin tight mini dress with 2 white skeleton hand prints on her ample chest and 2 on the bottom.

If I was 10 years younger, 20 years,30 years, oh forget it :(

spkennyuk

There are still plenty of us around that can add up several drinks in an order in our heads. Serve a couple of people at the same time and work out the correct change from the money given.

The just call us old or old school now. :laugh:

Chances are if she had been shown how to work the till properly then it would have shown her the correct change on the screen.

Even when they have the tech to help them. It doesnt mean that they use it.