Gransport. Anyone know this car....

LeeH

Hello

Well I have been out of a Masser for just over a year now and I am definitely missing it. After seeing a stream of car club cars pass work today and fly towards the Glenshee road it made me hanker after a V8 again.

So I spotted this Gransport on E Bay and it looks good value, although a few gaps in the history!

Anyone here know the car? Or any info on it.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/202067359286

I should look away....But shiny things are so tempting....

Cheers

Lee

allandwf

Hmmm... Buying a Maserati, in Braemar, in winter! ;) Sorry Lee, know nothing about it, but remember if cheap it's normally for a reason. Hope all is good after the year.

iainw

Hello

Well I have been out of a Masser for just over a year now and I am definitely missing it. After seeing a stream of car club cars pass work today and fly towards the Glenshee road it made me hanker after a V8 again.

So I spotted this Gransport on E Bay and it looks good value, although a few gaps in the history!

Anyone here know the car? Or any info on it.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/202067359286

I should look away....But shiny things are so tempting....

Cheers

Lee

There are loads of threads on this car - and forum members have been to look at it.
The price has plummeted recently.
£10,000 spent recently and worth £18,000 rings alarm bells

rockits

Looks like a decent enough option for me for someone not wanting a top end of top priced GranSport.

Andyk

A few have spoken to the dealer about this car so sure someone can fill you in.......

philw696

Has to be worth buying at the price after 10k spent on it for a LE spec Gransport.
I know there has lots spoken about the car with many opinions aired but to me it's a bargain seeing what they are worth here in New Zealand.

Phil H

An expert PPI is essential. It failed last year's MOT, and it looks as though the previous owner didn't worry about dangerous tyres (so what else did they skimp on)?

Reason(s) for failure
Nearside Front Lower Suspension arm cracked (2.4.G.1)
Offside Front Lower Suspension arm cracked (2.4.G.1)
Nearside Front Headlamp aim too low (1.8)
Advisory notice item(s)
Rear Suspension arm has slight play in a pin/bush both sides (2.4.G.2)

PH

philw696

Guessing it's had the front arms done and the rear outer bearing is an easy fix to do so along with the clutch done she is good for a few miles.

conaero

Forum Owner
Get it inspected, if it checks out and is clean, buy it!

£18k for a non cat GS even with 77k on the clock is a bargain.

Add 20k miles over 3 or 4 years and you will get £15k back easily.

Of course, if you spend £10k more on a lower milage example, in 3 or 4 years with an extra 10k miles on it, you will get all your money back, probably £3-5k more, so you do have to weigh up the fact this car is cheap against future return.

Phil H

Guessing it's had the front arms done and the rear outer bearing is an easy fix to do so along with the clutch done she is good for a few miles.

It's said to have been with one owner since 2009 since when it's had a patchy service history and it has various MOT reports of poor tyre condition. Add that to £10k of expenditure (really?) since May 2016 and you wonder what state it must have been in to need it. Maybe it was a well used but tired car that's been refreshed for sale, and if the invoices stack up it might be worth a punt for someone, but personally I wouldn't risk anything like £19k on it.

PH

Woody

Relisted at a grand more than the original add. Blimey, they on the climb?

Personally, I'd want to understand what the recent spend was on and who did it. You only need a couple of items to go and big bills come rolling in. Clutch, air con compressor and a PAS rad could be north of £5k at a good Indy, throw in pads and discs and maybe a few other bits and it can climb quickly.....but more importantly, what else is around the corner?

foibles

Hi Phil - what do you think a GS is worth in NZ? I'd have thought it would fetch two thirds of bugger all...after all the GT can be picked up for $50K - $60K NZD....and at 20K GBP this car would still cost over $50K NZD to put on the road....which surely makes it not that appealling compared to a better GT which one can literally walk up to and see / inspect etc. I have only seen one GS for sale in NZ - that insanely priced (but admittedly very low mileage) example at Winger for $120K NZD....which I think will take many years before that one was to move.

philw696

The last GS I saw for sale was $60,000.
The low mileage one with Wingers came from Singapore and has had a respray and complete 're trim due to humidity damage.
For the money I would want factory fresh.