How to differentiate between different power outputs

vnitos

Hi

I'm considering a 2012 Maserati GT Sport 4.7 automatic but the dealer, whose 2 branches are both advertising the car, advertise different power outputs one being 323kW and the other 338kW

Are there any visual signs that would differentiate between the 2. Based on the pictures it looks like the 2009-2012 version

bigbob

Welcome. Not sure about KW but the GTS Auto from 2009 to 2012 had 440PS and the GT Sport from 2012 to 2016 had 460PS. For identification the newer car has flick ups on the front spoiler, a chunkier steering wheel and seats with more pronounced side bolsters.

Post a photo if if you want one of us to confirm.

JonW

The easiest way to tell is whether there are front foglights on the front bumper. If there are it’s a 2009-2012 Granturismo S (like mine). If there aren’t, it’s the later 2012 onwards Granturismo Sport

The Granturismo S had 440PS (323KW)

The Sport had 460PS (338 KW)

Doohickey

Velociraptor
My avatar shows what the front of a Sport looks like. Mine is the 460 bhp one.

Amongst other things, there are no front fog lights, no orange reflector strips in the headlight units and bigger vents in the front bumper. Mine has DRLs but I don't know that they all had those. The seats are one piece sports type without a separate head rest.

Hope that helps.

If you post a photo or link then you will probably get further opinions!

Last edited: